Camoflage sleeve for shotguns

Camoflage sleeves for shotguns.

Are they a good thing or a waist of £15?

Every time i goto the gun shop i look, read, think about it and then put it back on the shelf.

Am i doing the right thing?

Who's got one and thinks there any good.

(Oviously (sp?) not for the pheasent shooting :yp:;):lol:)

My father has one on his rifle and it is very good for protecting the stock etc from scratches or abrassions.

On a shotgun I would say it would probably be good for decoying because you wouldn't get the shine of the barrels if shooting in bright sunlight.

Are you talking about the one piece sock thingys? they are ok but bear in mind you will have to use the gun through it so bits have to be cut out, if you arnt careful you end up with a 2 piece one piece sock that slides about where ever it likes!

Hi all

I bought one of these sleeves at the Selby game fair.It was easy to put on my winchester auto and fitted nice and tight I thenslit open the working parts that were covered with a razor blade and asked my wife to over lock the open edges

Thet look great on the gun and fit like a ballet dancers tights.I shot with it on the gun but I was aware that for some reason the gun did not feel as nice in the hand as it does without it. I can see that it will be very usfull during the duck season as it will protect the gun some what.They start at around £8 if you shop about.

The one thing about pigeon shooting though is the art of concealing ones self this for my part is part of the skill of field craft that can be as much fun as shooting if you feel a camo sleeve will help you then try one. I would wager that there will be not much more in the bag with or without a sleeve on most days of the week.

by this I mean most birds are flighting towards the days end this time of the year

so with a good hide under the flight line reflections from the gun should be slight

If the gun as a bright action then a little tape could be used to prevent it flashing in the evening sunlight

Peter

If I am using the o/u instead of the semi I use deben no-mar tape its just the right width for the two tubes (a piece on each side) and comes of without leaving a residue.

YP the tape only costs a fiver or so, you could ave had another £45 for beer tokens!! :yp: