HW57

dogger

A friend bought one for his boys when they first came out. The lads were, from memory, about 13. They are now 31. They have never had a single problem with the rifle. It has shot hundreds of rabbits, crows and magpies. It now resides back with Dad. Only last week he told me he had just been plinking in the garden with the 57, consistently hitting a 2 inch gong at 44 yards.

2 hours ago, London Best said:

A friend bought one for his boys when they first came out. The lads were, from memory, about 13. They are now 31. They have never had a single problem with the rifle. It has shot hundreds of rabbits, crows and magpies. It now resides back with Dad. Only last week he told me he had just been plinking in the garden with the 57, consistently hitting a 2 inch gong at 44 yards.

cant be that bad then👍

• 2 weeks later...

I like my HW 57 very much. Great spring gun to get new shooters started on since they can cock the gun returning the cocking lever to its retention spot, then load the pellet and no worry about holding the cocking lever while loading. 

Mine has the typical accuracy of any other HW, the record trigger that most every spring gun trigger is judged by. 

I have more powerful springers, and a HW50 which the 57 shares the power plant with, so my 57 had been tuned down to 10m power level. I like it better than my HW30 or beean R7 as it shoots as well and is less fiddle.