Picture of scuff

30-6

While i was reversing into a gap in my parking place outside my house, indicator on, car behind stopped, but when i was half way through manouvere tried to go pass and lightly scraped my plastic bumper with hers. If you can picture as i was going in front of car swings out.

The car pulled over, and fair play the young girl driving immediately apologised and admitted it was her fault, which i thought was very commendable. It's not an insurance job, and i want to do it as cheaply as possible to save her.

I have T-Cut in the shed but it says NOT FOR plastic, but on Halford's web page i think they do one suitable for plastic painted bumpers. Is it just a matter of gentle rubbing with this product or would it be best to use a spray can of paint ? If you can picture, the mark is a scuff on one bit, and where the bumper contour changes direction a straight line on the high point if that makes sense, i'll try to get a picture up.

Thanks in advance.

If it were mine, and as long as the paint is still intact, I would have a go at buffing that out with Farecla G3 compound which is what some of the trade use. It is somewhat similar to T Cut but is water soluble so can be washed off. Very fine wet and dry used with some soapy water first perhaps but of course it all depends how much paint is left under the scuff.

My job is scuff repair. Its a simple job for me to do but for not for yourself. Wet flatting and polishing may help but if that's a solid finish it'll need paint. If it's clear over base then it'll definitely need refinishing. My guess is a SMART repair would be about £130-£160 with a cross blend included. I do a dozen of these a week, protect your investment and get it done by someone who knows.