4 bore brass case

Custom cases are indeed made today for the individual gun - I believe a sulphur cast can be used. However, the brass "Perfect" cases were obviously made to a standard dimension. They are surprisingly thin, allowing them to be reloaded by a 45 degree hand crimp a number of times. Plus of course admitting a suitable wad column. I have been told that there are specific brass mixtures which work best. I used to have a number of these cases and unfired cartridges in big bores but I regret they are long gone. Someone out there must have one or two. Would a paper case not be close enough to copy the dimensions ?

Well live and learn !  Never heard of 4/82 (3 1/4") four bore.

Another route to consider might be to turn up brass cartridge heads (much easier) and then attach a tube made from one or two turns of card or "cartridge paper". this is the method widely used for punt guns such as those originally chambered for the Eley 1 1/2" cartridge case. An easy route but the cases do not survive  beyond one firing. However, how many shots does one fire at one time with a four ?  I seem to remember (going off-topic here) that Al Myers had plastic cases made in this calibre at one time. There may be some out there somewhere.