Black cherry whisky

dogger

1/2 litre of Bells 🔔 whisky left over from a family bash not my favourite 🤮put in a Kilner jar with a bag of ALDI frozen black cherries and some sugar here’s the result taste’s not too shabby 👍🏻merry Christmas everyone 🎅🏻🌲🍻

IMG_3524.jpeg

Edited by dogger

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes indeed, in my case the ordinary stuff is helped by being added to a good cup of tea.

AKA GUNFIRE within the Military.

Ahh Christmas day in the block, don't think the SSM was to impresed when i asked for one cup of tea and one cup of whiskey as i didn't like to mix my drinks, to be fair he did give me the two cups lol.

5 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Ahh Christmas day in the block, don't think the SSM was to impresed when i asked for one cup of tea and one cup of whiskey as i didn't like to mix my drinks, to be fair he did give me the two cups lol.

First time it happened to me I was producing a show on BFBS Radio in Belize.  :cool1:

I do like a bit of TRADITION.   :good:

21 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No, that was RUM in my Coca-Cola.   :cool1:

The Gunfire was an Army Christmas tradition.   :good:

I realise.

I had read that in WW1, Gunfire was tea and rum and thought that the QM might have used the local spirit.

Just now, amateur said:

I realise.

I had read that in WW1, Gunfire was tea and rum and thought that the QM might have used the local spirit.

We had a very good little set up out there.

A bottle of Johnnie Walker Scotch would cost me £8 in the Mess and would cover an evenings drinking for 4 or 5  in a good Hotel in town.   :cool1: