Roost shooting Norfolk

like hens teeth unfortunatly..............good roost shooting is very closly guarded.....most of the best roostshooting is run by gamekeepers as part of the perks package.....its all cash....under the counter and you have to be in the trusted crowd..........

44 minutes ago, deershooter said:

Sandringham used to offer it at £20 a day 

a long time ago...............i know of 2 game keepers who have several "warm woods and carrs".....each on their remit....that charge over £100 quid for the golden hour before the end of dusk.....the gun is gaurenteed to drop 25-30 birds  (if he /she can shoot)....i have heard from them ..the sport is like the finest driven shooting about...

no need to describethe guns or where they come from

20 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Really? Wow! That is something that I never knew (had no need to really of course) but I'll say again...Wow!

when i worked on sandringham as a student ....the Duke used to come down and stay with Harry Rawlings (the wolverton stockman)...he had an atic room and eat with mr and mrs rawlings...then one of the keepers would pick him up in the morning...Mrs Rawlings would make a flask for him and some cheese and pickle sarnies..and off they would go to the hide and pigeon shoot to his hearts content,,,,,,,,,,he loved it

9 minutes ago, ditchman said:

when i worked on sandringham as a student ....the Duke used to come down and stay with Harry Rawlings (the wolverton stockman)...he had an atic room and eat with mr and mrs rawlings...then one of the keepers would pick him up in the morning...Mrs Rawlings would make a flask for him and some cheese and pickle sarnies..and off they would go to the hide and pigeon shoot to his hearts content,,,,,,,,,,he loved it

Thank you for sharing that. I was at Wolferton just this Thursday gone in fact.