CZ American HMR Scope Mounts Advice Please

I've changed my scope mounts from BKL's to Sportsmatch but they are not central. I've got a box of spare mounts & tried them all. The ones I've got on now are still about 1/2mm off center. The reason for change is I need lower mounts than BKL's due to my face floating above the stock therefore bad for consistent eye to scope position. Any suggestions or recommendations for CZ 452 American scope mounts. My CZ 22lr uses 3/8" mounts & narrow compared. I've tried 3/8" 11mm 13mm. A Weaver or Picatinny adaptor considered but must be a central fit.

I fitted a Brittania pic rail to mine to change between NV and day glass, has an 11mm dovetail but there is a 3/8 one as well. If the scope is too high after that, try a Beartooth stock riser.

I tried two different cheap eBay 2 piece adaptors but they didn't fit due to the angle of the cut in the dovetail, but Eagle Vision did do adaptors specific for CZ's.

Edited by Rab19

58 minutes ago, Rab19 said:

I fitted a Brittania pic rail to mine to change between NV and day glass, has an 11mm dovetail but there is a 3/8 one as well. If the scope is too high after that, try a Beartooth stock riser.

I tried two different cheap eBay 2 piece adaptors but they didn't fit due to the angle of the cut in the dovetail, but Eagle Vision did do adaptors specific for CZ's.

Thanks for the suggestions Rab. Not looked into adaptors much, I'll research those a bit more as well as mount height, the angle of cut as you know is important.

4 hours ago, Good shot? said:

1/2 a mm off centre and not near enough!

Sorry but I cannot get my head around that. 🤔😀

No pun intended.

Ah, just realised, not half mm it's one or maybe two mm off center & that's the best from a box of spare mounts. A mix of 3/8" 9mm 11mm 13mm. Judging by how some are off even on my 11mm air rifle rails I think some are pure guess work what actually size they are.

On 28/01/2024 at 10:58, pg339 said:

They do ? That's made me think did i get my 30mm mounts mixed up ?? I have some definately known 13mm 1" on my Ultra. I'll try those & go through my mounts again on the Ultra to double check I've not got them mixed up. If 13mm definately fits yours I've made a mistake  somehow. Many Thanks !

Yes try those bsa ultra mounts. Your 452 17hmr actually has an American 3/8" dovetail. This dovetail is measured at the bottom, not the top of the dovetail as is the case with European 11mm dovetails. The American should measure a fraction over 12mm across the top. The 13mm mounts should fit.

On 25/01/2024 at 20:35, THEINVISIBLESCARECROW said:

I've changed my scope mounts from BKL's to Sportsmatch but they are not central. I've got a box of spare mounts & tried them all. The ones I've got on now are still about 1/2mm off center. The reason for change is I need lower mounts than BKL's due to my face floating above the stock therefore bad for consistent eye to scope position. Any suggestions or recommendations for CZ 452 American scope mounts. My CZ 22lr uses 3/8" mounts & narrow compared. I've tried 3/8" 11mm 13mm. A Weaver or Picatinny adaptor considered but must be a central fit.

I have the same rifle but in22, I use the sports match mounts(medium) with the screws on the right hand side , never had any issues