Forres shooting club funding

On 13/03/2024 at 14:18, Local lad said:

Sorry not yet.

I Googled them when you suggested it. You do mean the optics company?

Yes

I have just sent you the chaps email address

We had our shoot pie and pea - a raffle where people bring prizes too - raised nearly a grand and our auction at the same event made £1500

In the auction i asked for people to donate "experiences" or "skills" - we had things like an hours pet photography - a 2 hour 1-2-1 dog training session - a session in a high seat - an evening foxing - a bespoke hand made knife - a damascus bladed knife crated by one of the chaps - hand made walking sticks - ands the ATN X sight 

18 hours ago, jall25 said:

Yes

I have just sent you the chaps email address

We had our shoot pie and pea - a raffle where people bring prizes too - raised nearly a grand and our auction at the same event made £1500

In the auction i asked for people to donate "experiences" or "skills" - we had things like an hours pet photography - a 2 hour 1-2-1 dog training session - a session in a high seat - an evening foxing - a bespoke hand made knife - a damascus bladed knife crated by one of the chaps - hand made walking sticks - ands the ATN X sight 

Good day, many thanks for the email. Please can you resend. Opened it and when I went back didn't realise it would be deleted. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2024 at 10:10, scarecrow243 said:

have you tried the national lottery as they give grants to help ham radio clubs etc

Hi, thanks for your advise.

Have at last completed the Lottery funding application and sent off this morning, fingers crossed they can assist.

Even with the 1.7K views on here and the Shooting Times being good enough to promote our GOFUNDME page in last weeks magazine this has only generated £90. Not given up and still banging my drum and have been working on increasing our profile locally.

On 31/03/2024 at 14:22, alan123shooting said:

Just given  you £20, I wish it could be more 

Hi Alan,

Sorry for the delay in replying on here.

Hope you got my email thanking you from the GOFNDME site just after you donated.

If not, them please accept my thanks and the thanks of all the club members for the donation.

It is very, very much appreciated and will assist in improving our facilities for all members and future club members.

Thanks again

Iain

11 minutes ago, Local lad said:

Hi Alan,

Sorry for the delay in replying on here.

Hope you got my email thanking you from the GOFNDME site just after you donated.

If not, them please accept my thanks and the thanks of all the club members for the donation.

It is very, very much appreciated and will assist in improving our facilities for all members and future club members.

Thanks again

Iain

You are most welcome, it’s a shame nobody else has put their hands in their pockets 

3 hours ago, alan123shooting said:

You are most welcome, it’s a shame nobody else has put their hands in their pockets 

Hi Alan,

Have been in contact with a couple of clubs and all finding times hard so I think just a case of pushing and pushing our GOFUNDME site.

Will keep banging my drum in the hope that someone out there can help. Basically we are a grass roots club, but a lot of shooters started with air rifles and then moved onto there discipline of choice. I am basically a wildfowler, but still have my "BSA Cadet" from 50 years ago. Can't remember how many of my brothers Airfix models it has destroyed, LOL.

16 minutes ago, Local lad said:

Hi Alan,

Have been in contact with a couple of clubs and all finding times hard so I think just a case of pushing and pushing our GOFUNDME site.

Will keep banging my drum in the hope that someone out there can help. Basically we are a grass roots club, but a lot of shooters started with air rifles and then moved onto there discipline of choice. I am basically a wildfowler, but still have my "BSA Cadet" from 50 years ago. Can't remember how many of my brothers Airfix models it has destroyed, LOL.

Best of luck 

On 08/03/2024 at 21:37, jall25 said:

Me too really 

Try logging on and asking on the Stalking Directory 

Some real good lads on there and maybe a bit more up their street 

Afternoon, took your advise and have at last dropped the Stalking Directory a message. 

32 minutes ago, Local lad said:

Afternoon, took your advise and have at last dropped the Stalking Directory a message. 

Good man

Get on to ATN too - they are doing another giveaway this month - im sure they will support you

• 2 weeks later...

Good day all.

Just for your information, if you are intending to develop a GOFUNDME page to assist your club make sure you read their T and C fully.

We have had our page suspended for the past week because I suspect the club name contained the words "rifle" and "pistol" and were also used in the narrative.

GOFUNDME have been very helpful and in the process of re-editing.

Whilst I sympathise with the club, I am at a loss as to why others should fund the rebuilding of the club house. If my garage roof caved in, I wouldn't be asking my neighbours to pay for a new one.

The lack of donations suggests most others feel the same way.

6 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Whilst I sympathise with the club, I am at a loss as to why others should fund the rebuilding of the club house. If my garage roof caved in, I wouldn't be asking my neighbours to pay for a new one.

The lack of donations suggests most others feel the same way.

Well usually wouldn't have gone this route but after trying loads of other methods to get funding I am appealing the the generosity of the general public. 

The lack of donations could also be down to the fact that things are tight money wise at present for all.

However I have received a lot of positive kind advice after posting the page which has been really helpful hence my advise above to others. 

1 hour ago, Local lad said:

Good day all.

Just for your information, if you are intending to develop a GOFUNDME page to assist your club make sure you read their T and C fully.

We have had our page suspended for the past week because I suspect the club name contained the words "rifle" and "pistol" and were also used in the narrative.

GOFUNDME have been very helpful and in the process of re-editing.

Thanks for flagging that, I have checked it out.

https://www.gofundme.com/en-gb/c/terms-2 

....not to use the Services to raise funds or establish or contribute to any Fundraiser with the implicit or explicit purpose of promoting or involving... (7) knives, explosives, ammunition, firearms, or other weaponry or accessories.

Some of the neo banks have been bringing in similar terms and conditions.

On 18/04/2024 at 19:23, jall25 said:

Local lad -  start writing to gunshops - manufacturers - grass roots is our future 

I have taken your advise and been doing this for some time now. Bit of a uphill struggle but will plod away in the hope I strike lucky.