Blocking adverts

steve_b_wales

I had, until this morning, Adblock /Adblock plus to remove adverts. But a message has stated that my free trial has expired! Most of the ones on a 'free' offer, then tell you it's a trial only, once it's installed. Is there a true completely free program I can install?

Now SORTED. Thanks to all who offered help etc.

Edited by steve_b_wales

37 minutes ago, old'un said:

I have been using AdBlocker Ultimate browser extension plugin for ages and never had that come up.

What browser are you using and what version of adblocker do you have?

Adblocker was used for ages on my old computer. Running my new one for just over a week and the message came up. I'll try and install it again.

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

There's AdBlocker for Windows PC (not free) or AdBlocker Ultimate browser extension (free)….https://adblockultimate.net/

Strange! I just tried to install the ultimate version and a message states 'trial period ended'. I have to purchase it if I want to install it! I was running this for as many months as I can remember.

Just now, steve_b_wales said:

Strange! I just tried to install the ultimate version and a message states 'trial period ended'. I have to purchase it if I want to install it! I was running this for as many months as I can remember.

Which one are you trying to install? AdBlocker for Windows PC (not free) or AdBlocker Ultimate browser extension (free)….

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

Which one are you trying to install? AdBlocker for Windows PC (not free) or AdBlocker Ultimate browser extension (free)….

Adblocker Ultimate, as via your link. But, I believe it was installed on my old computer, and will not let me install it again, despite it being free. I will try again.

Just now, steve_b_wales said:

Adblocker Ultimate, as via your link. But, I believe it was installed on my old computer, and will not let me install it again, despite it being free. I will try again.

Are you sure its the browser plug-in? And not the windows one? you are trying to install.

What browser are you using?

Edited by old'un

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

Are you sure its the browser plug-in? And not the windows one? you are trying to install.

What browser are you using?

Its the useless Bing.com. And since I've tried to upload different advert blocking app's, everytime I try to go n the internet, I am now getting a message stating:  

Your connection isn't private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.bing.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

Edited by steve_b_wales