Shooting Buggy

Not having a 4x4 or trailer ( not an option right now) . I’m thinking of building something like the below picture to get around some of my permission. 

Yes I understand, it would struggle in the winter and in some areas. But as I mainly shoot on golf courses now, this should do the job nicely. 

The plan will be to use an electric motor for power. Should perfect for night shooting and cleaner to transport. 

I’m thinking of either transforming a mobility scooter or using a small quad bike frame. 

Has anyone either made one? 

IMG_7235.jpeg

Also, yes I should have brought this when I had the chance 😢

My Pa has a Pride Ranger mobility scooter. It's the Land Rover of mobility scooters - his hobby used to be heading out on snowy days with a tow rope to pull out those stuck in the snow on their little shopping mall scooters! Keep an eye out for those. They were apparently in great demand as golf carts at one point. Pa has managed to get around soggy country shows, our country park and shooting grounds like AGL. The gradient that these will do is apparently much better than most mobility scooters. Keep an eye open on eBay and local sales because these usually go on the market when someone dies.  

• 2 weeks later...

Most standard mobility scooters have rear axles that are of the diff type so will spin a wheel once you get to soft ground, the one in the picture looks to have a motor on each rear wheel so will be better off road. Don’t know if you can weld a diff on them but could be fun to try, only other difference is the wider wheels over a normal scooter which would not be too hard to swap over from a small ride on mower or something like that with a adapter plate.