VW Golf

I don’t know to much about these but apparently some are supposed to be quick, I have just parted with my 997 , the tax is getting beyond a joke with them and it looks like more hikes on the way for cars like that plus I felt like I was always dodging a bullet with bore scoring  , anyway I am going to look at a GTI club sport, any views on this one, or should I be looking at another GTI model.

Thanks

9 hours ago, countryman said:

I don’t know to much about these but apparently some are supposed to be quick, I have just parted with my 997 , the tax is getting beyond a joke with them and it looks like more hikes on the way for cars like that plus I felt like I was always dodging a bullet with bore scoring  , anyway I am going to look at a GTI club sport, any views on this one, or should I be looking at another GTI model.

Thanks

Had quite a few golf R s and they are nippy fun little things 

Can be very highly tuned if thats your thing 

26 minutes ago, jall25 said:

Had quite a few golf R s and they are nippy fun little things 

Can be very highly tuned if thats your thing 

Are there any known faults to look for in these cars, I am looking on line but can’t really see anything major.

Thanks

11 hours ago, Scrimshanker said:

I've got a Golf R had it since 2020. Just look out for leaking water pump issue! I had mine fixed under warranty but it can be expensive to fix. Other than that fingers crossed no issues. 

The one I am thinking of buying has just had the water pump done, its a Golf GTI clubsport, I believe these were made In limited numbers , having a test drive soon, I want to compare it to my 997 that I recently sold, from what I’ve been told the gear changes are very quick on the auto

Had Golf Rs for last 10 years, Mk 7s and just about 3 years into a Mk 8, you wont be disappointed with the performance of either, all have been faultless but VW customer service is average. Honestly preferred the 7 to 8 as liked the manual box and the buttons on the 8 drive you to despair (not very intuitive). Both much quicker than you could possibly need.