Rotax RM8

wigeon jim

Hi all, I have bought a used Walther rotax RM8, I can’t get it to group, I get one or two pellets that are not too bad but then they are all over the place by around 3 to 4. Inches adrift, moderater and scope are all tight, tried another scope but it’s still no better, only used one brand of pellets so far , do you think it’s just doesn’t like the brand or something wrong with the rifle, cheers,

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Can you single load it - the Mags on the early models were absolute garbage. If the bolt is hard to operate as you push it forward then the Mag will be the problem.

It is the older model with the two o rings round the mag so that might be the problem,

27 minutes ago, wigeon jim said:

It is the older model with the two o rings round the mag so that might be the problem,

Hello, The O rings might have got a bit hard so making it difficult for pellet to be loaded , as bruno mentioned try a single shot loader , you could soak the mag in gun oil for a few hours, my FX has a mag like that and i keep the O ring lubricated,on a USA shooting forum a chap had the same problem, The Airmagnum 850 magazine fit the RM 8

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Load the Mag then hold it side on and use a piece of cocktail stick or similar to push the pellets gently out (as if entering the breach) - do they exit straight or do they lift/drop/ etc - if they dont exit true then they may be damaging themselves on the breach which has very little taper.