The 'New' BSA VC Silencer

wymberley

I think Draper's at Nottingham might still have them? I think that the supposed interchangeable "chokes" are a gimmick. FWIW tried in my own comparison test on a sub 12 ft/lbs BSA Scorpion T10 in .177" firing Bisley Magnum pellets at a chronographed  11.50 ft/lbs I found the Hogan Decimeater better. This man tested some five years ago. You do end up thinking "Get to the POINT" but, yes, he does in the last frame almost of the video post his figures. Also of course whilst size may not matter but LENGTH might depending on your gunslip? Also manufactured to a better quality!

Edited by enfieldspares

Hello, There are always debates on PCP silencers, There is a chap on the AGF i have know for years and makes his MWSS brand silencers, These were tested against some other brands and came out best, last year on the AGf members were buying some  oil filters with a 1/2 inch UNF thread off Aliexpress, i bought 2, 28 mm O/D X 160 mm long, take out the baffles and fit hair curlers/felt, drill the required size hole  and you have a decent silencer and just as good as my SAK on the P15 22, i got my 2 filters for less than £20, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

popped up to the RFD and was given a demonstration and for reasons which we don't need to mention I bought a DonnyFL

So you went with the big one 😅😅

It's obvious I know but shooting the rifle your hearing the action,  you need to be stood safely down range to decide which mod is best, I did this with my BSA, the standard mod against a Hogan,  shooting onto a lead backstop it was like holes were appearing by magic, there was very little in it really but I've kept the Hogan on, what you can't make quieter is the smack when the pellet hits.

Don't know what BSA are doing with moderators. The mod on my granddaughter's R-10 .177 sub12 TH looks identical to what the one on my SE FAC .22 would have looked like if the previous owner hadn't damaged it. The RFD had one which appeared identical to those two. Bore-wise it looked as though it would handle .25 in addition to .177 and .22, but with no paperwork and some guesswork we decided it probably would not be a good bet performance-wise in the .25. Having forked out for the FX Crown with the heavy/slug barrel still to pay for, penny pinching for the Mod seemed a tad silly so got the DonnyFL Airgun Pro Size 25-30 Silencer for .22-.25.

19 hours ago, Mice! said:

I measured the bore on my Axsor and BSA mods the other day,  but I can't think if they were 7 or 8mm, BSA mod is off a .177, Axsor is a. 22

The Allen key provided to swap over the restrictors  to suit the calibres - .177,. 22 and .25 was 8mm for the BSA thingy.