Wearing a poppy

digger

What annoys me is big companies who wear a pseudo 'uniform' who refuse to let staff wear a Poppy as it doesn't complement the 'uniform'. Peel Holdings in Manchester did this a few years back with the staff at the Trafford Centre. Needless to say myself and thousands of others berated them publicly until they gave in, but what does that tell you about corporate mentality? Mind you I absolutely hate the ethos Peel Holdings have :good: . They sold out their small customers at the Trafford Centre to let one large one in. The place is the absolute pits now with very few bargains and is a pain the backside to get in and out of. Try the new Derby Shopping Centre it's a wow and I bet all their staff are wearing Poppies.

Yes, and I will be accompanying my Daughter, who is in the air cadets, and intends to join the RAF, on Parade this Sunday in Ashford. The old timers (said with the upmost respect) and some not so old really appreciate the youngsters from the various cadet forces on parade and remembering the fallen. It really helps them understand that at least some of us are thankful for the sacrafices they, and their comrades made on our behalf.

Carl.

We are 'not allowed' to wear a poppy in work as some members of the other community find it offensive, I wear mine with pride and will take it off for nobody. And if it comes to it they can stick there job up there ****.

Good man Dazza, screw them! :blush:

I've had 4 people ask me at school why I'm wearing a poppy with one of them on the playground calling it 'gay' and for old people and another directly accusing me of funding wars. To say I was not a happy bunny is an understatement... I can think there is only about a dozen people in my year group wearing them and there is a tray of poppies on sale in school but hardly anyone seems to be wearing them. Most members of staff don't either. :good:

FM :good:

Never miss it.Proud my daughter going on the Rememberance Parade with her Brownie group too.I am fortunate to have alot to do with these old fellers who look like they could,nt knock the top off a rice pud only to find that they have done such amazing stuff.Compared to many of us they have been truly hard cases in the name of our freedom.Amazing brave people and our modern forces have the same backbone.Respect to them,alive,dead and serving overseas now. :good::blush::good:

Wear a poppy......or you deserve a kick in the ******** :good:

Its great getting the occasional naughty word in before it gets censored........PIGS NIPPLES

:blush::good::oops: made me chuckle..BEEF CURTAINS

stop being so childish......CHEESEY HELMET :lol: