Cheap Range Finder

Duck

I got a Nikon Prostaff 440 laser ranger finder off Ebay. Cost me 140 Euro delivered to my door from the USA. It'll range out to something between 440-500 yards depending on how reflective your target is. It has a scan mode, meaning you can get constant range updates if you hold down the button and keep the crosshairs on the target. As I've found it'll also range birds both in the sky and on water, again depending on certain things. I've used mine in low light and under the lamp at night.

Drawback is that the optics are kinda dark, but I get along with that OK as I've learned some ways around it. Range something near the fox or rabbit in low light levels which reflects better than the fox/rabbit.

For the money I'm happy with it, thought I'd lost it one night and was not a happy camper so I must have some value on it.

Saying all that, a Leica or Swarovski RF will beat it into the ground, throw it over a cliff, laugh in its face AND get the girl.

But they cost a fortune :welcomeani:

I bought the Bushnell one from Sportsmans for 149.99. An excellent bit of kit for the money. Very accurate and ranges up to 1000 yards.

steve, will it scan a moving bird like geese I was talking to sportsmans yeterday and the guy did not seem to know much about the findres he had

Saying all that, a Leica or Swarovski RF will beat it into the ground, throw it over a cliff, laugh in its face AND get the girl.

But they cost a fortune :good:

I got a good deal on a lecia rangemaster 1200 bloody delighted saved a fair bit off the retail price of it :/ They seem to be fairly top notch rangefinder a lot of loot but worth it i know i wont use its full capacity but out to 300yrds is what im interested in.Its a pain in the behind some nights its hard to judge the distance of a fox with the lecia it takes the guesswork out of the equation looking foward to getting it :sly: