Just an idea

Hi Hunter Zero I think thats a cracking idea the way prices are going, i hear they are going up again shortlly.

I'm afraid i live to far away in northamptonshire, but my brother has just moved to St Mellons area of Cardiff, he does a bit of shooting but has had a couple of hip replacements so can't walk far nowadays and he's only 51, so get out there and do your bit whilst you still can cause you never know whats round the corner.

Why i say that is because, my brother started shooting at 15 got me into it when i was 19 i'm 53 now,

i'm still going but he had his first replacement at 39 and been in pain ever since with him having to dose up on painkillers to come out for a couple of hours and then often in pain and unable to get out of bed the next day

Sorry to go on but it makes you realise how lucky we are 1'000 cartridges would last him forever

Cheers Smokey

in the long run ya know it pays to use ya heads....good onya.... :good:

Theoretically, if we could get say 5 main recipients in different areas then we could go for 50,000 cartridges and save even more!

My idea is to ask "Just cartridges" how much they will do 10,000 rounds for, then have a chat to my contacts in the gun shops and get the best prices. I would guess the cartridges would have to be 12b #6 shot in a good brand and type to make the whole thing worth it.

I'm happy to order the whole lot and dish them out (legally) to the buyers. I have a few mates who would buy in to the plan. so I guess to make the whole thing viable I need another eight buyers.

John

my brother has just moved to St Mellons area of Cardiff, Sorry to go on but it makes you realise how lucky we are 1'000 cartridges would last him forever

Cheers Smokey

Sorry to hear about your brother, I've plenty of shooting and a 4x4 so if he ever wants a trip out, let me know.

I know the area well, there is a good wildfowlers club right on his door step.

John

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...41791&st=15

Justcartridges offer free delivery on 10,000 cartridges (worth £55) or they'll offer a 2%net discount (about £30). Hardly worth the effort. Minimum order from Hull Cartridge and the like is 18,000 but you've got to apply for an account and they ain't just going to give out trade accounts to everyone who asks!

Forget it guys the discounts on cartridges don't make such an exercise worthwhile. It's not just price rises (which might continue for some time) but the supply. I hear the manufacturers are so concerned about the price of lead (and other metals) that they won't buy large quantities until they are sure it isn't suddenly gonna fall and leave them holding a whole lot of expensive gear. I know some rifle calibres are difficult to get.

Over a certain amount and you will need a acquire and keep license and poss a storage license NOT sure if you also need to be RFD i cant get conformation on this just yet the regs are somewhat complicated this can be circumvented by distributing them quickly ie the same day to diff locations

one thing i do know is that the only saving you will make is the rfds profit and thats not huge amount

im not saying its not a good idea @ all but just beware you don't fall foul of the law ...

the law

Over a certain amount and you will need a acquire and keep license and poss a storage license NOT sure if you also need to be RFD i cant get conformation on this just yet the regs are somewhat complicated this can be circumvented by distributing them quickly ie the same day to diff locations

one thing i do know is that the only saving you will make is the rfds profit and thats not huge amount

im not saying its not a good idea @ all but just beware you don't fall foul of the law ...

the law

Very interesting. How much explosive is there in a case of 250 12 bore cartridges? I notice a warning label on my cases with 1.4 marked on it. Is that 1.4 kg of explosive?

the law

Very interesting. How much explosive is there in a case of 250 12 bore cartridges? I notice a warning label on my cases with 1.4 marked on it. Is that 1.4 kg of explosive?

(250 x 21 grains) / 15.43 = 340 grams (approx)

Your local rfd has to make a buck as well you know, is it really worth all the hassle for a couple of quid :good:

Quite right!

Several months ago, I commented on the price of shotshells in the 50's. I said that by today's values, compared to those of nearly 50 years ago, the cost of a box of 12 gauge shells today should be about £32. It seems we are on the way there!