Guntrader.

bruno22rf

With all the bad press that Guntrader have been getting over the new layout (awful) and the data breach a while back, just thought I would mention that I put an Air Rifle on the site Saturday evening and it sold within the hour - funds were in my account 24 hours later and had a phone call from the buyer Sunday to discuss delivery etc, really pleasant gentleman. So don't believe all the rubbish that some shooting forums spout (thankfully not PW) about advertising your items with them because Guntrader is full of scammers and criminals. Oh, cost me just over £1 to place the Ad. 

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

What did you sell?

There's probably always scammers to watch out for everywhere on every site, but that's certainly a quick sale.

It was my BSF B55 Mice, always wanted one, scratched the itch over a year ago - decided to let somebody else do the same as I had no use for it. Getting rare now, mine was mint and the only BSF for sale on the site.

29 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

With all the bad press that Guntrader have been getting over the new layout (awful) and the data breach a while back, just thought I would mention that I put an Air Rifle on the site Saturday evening and it sold within the hour - funds were in my account 24 hours later and had a phone call from the buyer Sunday to discuss delivery etc, really pleasant gentleman. So don't believe all the rubbish that some shooting forums spout (thankfully not PW) about advertising your items with them because Guntrader is full of scammers and criminals. Oh, cost me just over £1 to place the Ad. 

There are scammers on Guntrader as I found out to my stupid cost, Guntrader were worse than useless with any assistance.  Then their **** security led to me getting hundreds of scam e mails and texts.  I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I wonder how your buyer found the rifle, he must have chanced upon it.

Edited by Weihrauch17

Just now, Weihrauch17 said:

There are scammers on Guntrader as I found out to my stupid cost, Guntrader were worse than useless with any assistance.  Then their **** security led to me getting hundreds of scam e mails and texts.  I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. 

A common opinion Weihrauch17, but my experiences have been the complete opposite and I've used them for years, I have little doubt that I would feel the same as you had I suffered your fate - but I haven't. I have never met anybody but the nicest of buyers via the site (OMG - sounds like they are sponsoring me - they most certainly are not) so I can only give my opinion.Pretty sure I have sold/bought 20+ Guns via this site and only had one bad gun - seller refunded me straight away.

18 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

It was my BSF B55 Mice, always wanted one, scratched the itch over a year ago - decided to let somebody else do the same as I had no use for it. Getting rare now, mine was mint and the only BSF for sale on the site.

I saw that and was solely tempted

2 hours ago, button said:

I saw that and was solely tempted

TBH they are not brilliant and it's the rarity that makes them desirable, the cocking effort is so hard that I thought mine was faulty but that, apparently, is how they are. Trigger, by modern standards, is borderline awful and they kick like the proverbial Mule - other than that they are great 😀. Saying all that though, if a 70 came up I would go for it but really want a FWB Sport next.

2 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

TBH they are not brilliant and it's the rarity that makes them desirable, the cocking effort is so hard that I thought mine was faulty but that, apparently, is how they are. Trigger, by modern standards, is borderline awful and they kick like the proverbial Mule - other than that they are great 😀. Saying all that though, if a 70 came up I would go for it but really want a FWB Sport next.

👍