17hmr

jimmzy

So still bordering on high velocity 22 rounds then?:good: Noise wise!

As the round is super sonic then there is nothing you can do about that.

Having said that when shooting "long" range over open ground the rabbits dont tend to take that much notice. I have bolwed over 2 or 3 one after the other a number of times.

Yes it is noisier than .22lr but they dont seem to know where the noise is coming from and seem to ignore it at times.

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...
So still bordering on high velocity 22 rounds then?:lol: Noise wise!

As the round is super sonic then there is nothing you can do about that.

Having said that when shooting "long" range over open ground the rabbits dont tend to take that much notice. I have bolwed over 2 or 3 one after the other a number of times.

Yes it is noisier than .22lr but they dont seem to know where the noise is coming from and seem to ignore it at times.

Jerry

Apparently its called the Doppler effect and has on occasions made foxes run towards the gun, as its mate further out has been whacked,they hear the round making a crack as it passes behind them and assume the danger is there.

:rolleyes: D2D

Apparently its called the Doppler effect and has on occasions made foxes run towards the gun, as its mate further out has been whacked,they hear the round making a crack as it passes behind them and assume the danger is there.

:lol: D2D

I have experienced that myself as my mate was zeroing his hmr i was about 60 yards from the target but down range of the rifles muzzle as the bullet passed me i heard the sonic crack i was very surprised how loud it actually is and it didnt seem to happen near the rifle but about 70 yards from it :good: