Offensive Posts

pavman

I agree with Pavmans initial approach, it's a good idea. It is worth talking to someone (well, most people) first and see what the reaction will be. I see the need for moderation too though because there are people who will post offensive/etc. topics and/or go over the top and who will not stop until the door gets closed hard on them. We all know that. With the exception of one individual a while back, who definately caught me at my time of the month, started name calling (leave it in the playground) in a useful thread I've only ever reported spammers.

It's not a perfect system, for right or wrong reasons people will on occasion get on their high horse about things. I've always supported the moderators and unless there are drastic changes around here I don't see that changing. The forum has to be run by someone, just take a second to imagine what it'd be like without anyone at the steering wheel. We'd be in the ditch by the end of the week :good:

If I break the rules here then I'd expect to get moderated. Not sure if I ever have been moderated or not, doubt it, cos I've never checked.

Guest The Outlaw
I was tidying up the derailments and The Outlaws posts to himself, as Mungler was posting.

I have solved Floating Chambers Time Zone problem with a PM.

Back on topic please. :yes:

I'm mad I tell you :good:

Tony

I agree with most of what you said but on the occasion i am talking about the mod took great exception to the fact that 4 or 5 of us were discussing the merits of a pedigree gundog or a gundog with no papers,and actually told us to stop posting on the subject as it had no place on this forum and to go to another forum if we wanted to discuss it!!!SO there you have it,its official gundogs have no place on a shooting forum!!

No, not quite, you were told to put it in the relevant section, ie. dog & dog training section as it was general chat in the sale section which if you read the pinned topic states you shouldn`t post in that section, you then asked in the same section, if I was on my period and I asked if you wanted a month off. I feel I did the right thing at the time as you had abused the section rules on several occaisions and you haven`t broken any other rules since so the message got through.

No dont think this says put it in the relevant section does it..

OK ENOUGH,IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS PEDIGREE OR NOT,GO TO THE RELEVANT FORUM NOT THIS ONEnov 14 post 16

Judging by your pettyness on that occasion and the fact you have changed the text to suit your needs no doubt i will be warned or banned on this occasion,i will admit it when i am wrong on this occasion i am not.

Each part of the Forum, is referred to as a section, or a Forum.

Obviously on this occasion you did not realise you were being asked to post your comments in the appropriate place and not derail the thread.

If you have a close look, you will notice we have a "Dogs and Dog Training" Forum, so to say that you can't post about gundogs on here is a bit disingenuous.

As to the question, "Who moderates the Moderators", it is the Site Owner, Teal.

If you want to know who moderates Teal, it is God and if you don't believe in Him, its nobody.

I find your defence of henry commendable,but i am sure that anyone reading the thread would not think they were being told to put their comments in the appropriate place,when the message henry posted was in bold and enlarged text and also the many other messages of this sort say "this is in the wrong section"and i can not recall 1 saying "wrong forum"

I think that the threat of a ban was totally unjustified,and more of a personal thing than any infringement of pw rules,i have had 3 slapped wrists off mods,1 off yourself(justified)2 off henry(1 possibly justified,1 very not justified)be interesting to see some transparencey on people being banned or is it a case of the mods can pick and choose who they ban willy nilly without any justifiable reason.

This isnt a dig at mods in general just 1 that seems to have a problem with me.I have had my gripe and will leave it at that.

Guest The Outlaw

No comment I have had plenty of slapped wristies.

Apart from the problem I have with Pirate being banned because of Looney Tunes Toddles.

Constructive moderating by Axe

Tony

^ I completely agree with you there John. I try not to get involved with political/race debate/immigration policy etc type posts, for a variety of reasons (mainly because I know very little about it.) I have probably been a bit scathing at times in the department of "please find me some shooting permission while I sit and stare blankly at a computer screen" type posts. However, luckily, I don't think I have ever fallen foul of the mods, or the rules.

I would much prefer a PM from a member I had upset, and be able to apologise/sort it/defend myself than have a post pulled. However, I don't have a problem being umpired. I don't know how the moderator system works, with regard to payment or anything else, but it seems like ****** hard work to me, with little thanks. I wouldn't do it.

This is probably the friendliest place I have found on the net. I have made many virtual friends, had help, advice and items freely given, with not even an offer from me of postage accepted. I have had little to offer in return. The point I am trying to make is that the moderators are part and parcel of creating the environment that I enjoy so much.

Thanks

Since when did we all become touchy feely, requiring PMs to share each other's pain? Frankly, I don't want to be told somebody's offended by my comments: it was almost certainly entirely deliberate, so tough luck.

Good Lord, you'll be telling me next that I can't transcribe Bernard Manning's greatest hits without offending one section of the community or other...

I don't know how the moderator system works, with regard to payment or anything else, but it seems like ****** hard work to me, with little thanks. I wouldn't do it.

Thanks

Moderators receive no earthly rewards whatsoever, but out eternal satisfaction is knowing that we have been able to spread a little happiness, as we wander along life's winding road............ :good:

Since when did we all become touchy feely, requiring PMs to share each other's pain? Frankly, I don't want to be told somebody's offended by my comments: it was almost certainly entirely deliberate, so tough luck.

Good Lord, you'll be telling me next that I can't transcribe Bernard Manning's greatest hits without offending one section of the community or other...

:yes::good: