Fountain Pens

BSA Shaun

Just a wierd thought for this morning.

I use a fountain pen in pretty much all written work that I can, just wondered if anyone else does.

Seems here that everyone has fallen prey to the dreaded Biro!!

I think writing in fountain pen makes your handwriting look much better and that's coming from a lefty who has to be careful not to smudge :rolleyes:

My choice weapon is my trusty Waterman which I would never be without!

:lol:

Yes I use a fountain pen all the time. It's a much nicer way to write than a biro and feels more comfortable.

In school we always had to write with a fountain pen from Junior school through to A Levels and we were actually taught how to form our letters and write our words in "the correct" manner. I'm not sure they teach that anymore. Shows how old I am perhaps :rolleyes:

I do but only cos I get free Pilot Vpens at work.

Always made too much of a mess filling pens or replacing ink cartridges to use them all the time.

And I wouldn't use an decent pen at work as some light-fingered swine would whip it off the desk as soon as my back's turned.

Yes I use a fountain pen all the time. It's a much nicer way to write than a biro and feels more comfortable.

In school we always had to write with a fountain pen from Junior school through to A Levels and we were actually taught how to form our letters and write our words in "the correct" manner. I'm not sure they teach that anymore. Shows how old I am perhaps :lol:

Did it at junior school with me, you got awards when you reached a certain neatness / correctness :P

Apprentice Scribe, Scribe, Master Scribe and Calligrapher IIRC :rolleyes:

I do but only cos I get free Pilot Vpens at work.

Always made too much of a mess filling pens or replacing ink cartridges to use them all the time.

And I wouldn't use an decent pen at work as some light-fingered swine would whip it off the desk as soon as my back's turned.

Use the same ones at my work too, blue back and red versions.

I do have a Mont Blanc pen at home, never take it to the office as it would be gone in no time.

Guest The Outlaw

In school we always had to write with a fountain pen from Junior school through to A Levels and we were actually taught how to form our letters and write our words in "the correct" manner. I'm not sure they teach that anymore. Shows how old I am perhaps :lol:

:rolleyes:

But I have to admit I am too lazy to get it out.

It looks like you have made the effort to put pen to paper and not just scrawl away in biro.

More respectful imo to use in a personal letter or greetings cards.

Tony

In school we always had to write with a fountain pen from Junior school through to A Levels and we were actually taught how to form our letters and write our words in "the correct" manner. I'm not sure they teach that anymore. Shows how old I am perhaps :P

:rolleyes:

Tony

Except the ones they put the shiny surface inside and the ink just rubs off :lol:

But I have to admit I am too lazy to get it out.

It looks like you have made the effort to put pen to paper and not just scrawl away in biro.

Tony

Couldn't agree more :P

People should take pride in their handwriting. Most people can't write to save their lives these days, and the biro is largely to blame (that and the fact that most schools don't place any emphasis on it any more).

I must confess, I've dropped the habit of writing with fountain pens, after losing a couple of nice ones :rolleyes:

I have a Parker Fountain Pen that I use alot. Its getting on a bit now, but still rights beautifully. I also have a Waterman tucked away or of sight.

Seen 8 parker fountain pens go for £720 at auction 2 month back!!

Perhaps I should keep this one out of sight too! :rolleyes:

I use a fountain pen in pretty much all written work that I can, just wondered if anyone else does.

I think writing in fountain pen makes your handwriting look much better and that's coming from a lefty who has to be careful not to smudge :rolleyes:

Do you mean "ballpoint pen" and not "biro"

Jonno

In school we always had to write with a fountain pen from Junior school through to A Levels and we were actually taught how to form our letters and write our words in "the correct" manner. I'm not sure they teach that anymore. Shows how old I am perhaps :rolleyes:

Ooooh that brings back memories - learning to write proper joined up words, permanently inky fingers, ink soaked blotting paper missiles, jumpers for goal posts etc.

I confess that I have a Mont Blanc for signing letters with - lovely to write with and it looks good too, shows that personal touch missing in most correspondence today.

Do you mean "ballpoint pen" and not "biro"

Jonno

Biro mate.

Some ballpoints can be very nice too, schaeffer, waterman, mont blanc etc. However for me nothing matches the ink from a fountain pen for aesthetic appeasement :lol:

....almost as annoying as when the toilet roll perforations are misaligned

Unravel the top layer one full turn :lol: They become out of place as the top ply becomes the bottom ply. (no pun intended) So by taking what appears to be the top ply and unwinding it on its own 1 full turn, it then correctly becomes the bottom ply. B)

The years I suffered before I figured that out. :rolleyes::lol:

Unravel the top layer one full turn B) They become out of place as the top ply becomes the bottom ply. (no pun intended) So by taking what appears to be the top ply and unwinding it on its own 1 full turn, it then correctly becomes the bottom ply. B)

Now that's science :lol:

Guest The Outlaw

Unravel the top layer one full turn B) They become out of place as the top ply becomes the bottom ply. (no pun intended) So by taking what appears to be the top ply and unwinding it on its own 1 full turn, it then correctly ecomes the bottom ply. B)

I'm getting worried about you mate, you seem to have a vast knowlege of rubbish like me :lol:

Tony

I have a Parker Fountain Pen that I use alot. Its getting on a bit now, but still rights beautifully. I also have a Waterman tucked away or of sight.

Seen 8 parker fountain pens go for £720 at auction 2 month back!!

thats nothing !! my lad has started collecting shaeffer PFM pens, (collection funded by guess who ?)some of them go for well over £250 each !!

they do look bloody good though