Come shoot for a week-end

Fleabag

Any body fancy a week-end down cornwall in summer, loads of fox/bunny, they keep coming back, :lol: whilst i am away on bussiness, about 500 plus acres for a start, 22 .17.223. shotgun. pasties provided, flood lit golf course, still some virgin land not had chance to get on with yet, :lol: bring a tent and lamp kit an bobs your uncle. loads of 300 plus yrds shoots.

Fleabag,

Thanks for the offer i would like to take you up on your offer at some stage at your leisure as i live in exeter. I can return the favour with either a pheasent shoot or a vermin shoot.

Ive got both .17 and .22

Regards Lee

Send me a pm with Details will call you :lol:

Fleabag,

Thanks for the offer i would like to take you up on your offer at some stage at your leisure as i live in exeter. I can return the favour with either a pheasent shoot or a vermin shoot.

Ive got both .17 and .22

Regards Lee

Send me a pm with Details will call you :lol:

pm sent mate

Fleabag Chris, my younger brother, is new to the world of 'tinternet forums - and has'nt worked out where or why this thread disappeared from his view - and has opened new one's :yp:

I'll try to put him right, but also try to put some members right on what I think he's offering or trying to achieve. To lay a background, he lives in Southwest Cornwall but has a business interest in Leicester that will take a few years to establish before he hands it over to his son - then spend more time back in Cornwall. For this reason he is CURRENTLY not meeting his vermin control obligations - but does'nt want to give much away and possibly lose it for ever. We know that bunny prevalence has a reverse situation between mainly rural and mainly built up area's.

In Devon and Cornwall for example, most shooters who put in any meaningfull amount of time finding vermin shoots will find very good results without needing to travel many miles to do it - or pay for it in any way. Vermin control is badly needed down there and farmers are generally VERY pleased to find someone willing to put in the time and get a job done for them. When Chris takes me out on some of his permissions, we would consider something like 50 rabbits and three to four Fox as an average bag during a few hours on foot. Vermin Control has to be ruthless with no consideration towards saving something for next time, giving the quarry a sporting chance, nor dare I say it - risk missing with a headshot. A 17HMR is the preferred tool which will kill rabbits with an upper body shot - and close fox with a headshot. His squeak is brilliant :good:

When I take him out on my permissions in Leicester I am mindfull of at least some rabbit conservation because it is much more scarce. I soon overshot the patch doing it chris's way - and now see an average bag of only two or three rabbits which go to elderly friends. All of my permissions are aquired on the basis that I control rather than clear the rabbit population. I was lucky to find a patch that seemed to have escaped other shooters attention and fell in just nicely - but in stark contrast to D&C I choose to "pay" for some permissions with a bottle of single malt at Christmas and give my base permission a Hamper. There are some patches that I have only taken him to once or twice because he will overshoot if given the chance - nothing wrong with that for a pest controller - but if unchecked we'd have nowhere left to go.

If the last paragraph sounds much like your patch, You might want to take up his offer - but be advised you will be spoiled with the sheer abundance of vermin and you may come away feeling very disillusioned with your own location. I think he's also a bit of a softy in that having seen how some people on here struggle to find any rabbit he would like to treat them when possible.

I personally don't think he will be able to fit in all of the people who have contacted him by PM.

I must take a pic next time I go up the road to a job I've been doing - the field is carpeted with bunnies. In fact, it's getting so silly now that I've decided to trade in my .22 bolt action for a .17 - I'm wasting time getting edible rabbits when most of them get chucked anyway.

Any body fancy a week-end down cornwall in summer, loads of fox/bunny, they keep coming back, :lol: whilst i am away on bussiness, about 500 plus acres for a start, 22 .17.223. shotgun. pasties provided, flood lit golf course, still some virgin land not had chance to get on with yet, :xmas: bring a tent and lamp kit an bobs your uncle. loads of 300 plus yrds shoots.

hi my shooting AND I partner would be glad of a weeks or weekend shooting in cornwall we are both mature shooters have full basa and basc insurance we use 22 and 177 moderated air rifles also FAC AIR RIFLE AND CZ RIMFIRE JUST GIVE US A FORTNIGHTS NOTICE WE COME EQUIPT WITH TENTS ETC WERE ALL YOURS CHEERS WE ARE FROM DERBYSHIRE

Hi

I am very interested I have a good gundog and have plenty of experience in vermin shooting. I have 3 shotguns live in Blackheath (London and Kent boarders) location is not a problem for me as I travel upto Scotland often for shooting and on a good day with the dog I have shot over 300 rabbits I also have farms in Kent what I would be happy to share with any sensible person willing to do the same .

look forward to hearing from you soon