Vixen from last night

grasshopper

Needed to walk off a little Xmas excess,so rang the farmer and off we went.Took my .243 and we lamped for a change.

Good long walk through lots of mud,but not a fox to be seen,but plenty of sweat and beer coming out of me :lol:

Got a whiff of fox in a few places which seemed like their usual route to the farm so was feeling confident as we approached the golf course.

There is a bank of winnie bushes just above it,when we lamped it the rabbits were already leaving the field...confidence growing even more :good:

Because the wind was blowing from behind and down to our left,we set up halfway down the wall of the last field before the golf course.There is a row of winnies at the other end of this field,and foxy normally appears from the end of these.

Tried a quiet call 1st,then gradually increased the volume.After about 6-7mins we see a fox circling downwind trying to scent us..it came from the end of the winnies as usual,straight off the golfy :sly:

I flipped open the scope covers(was raining)set the trigger and safety off,saw where it had stopped as the farmer checked..he was using red a filter and it didn,t bother her at all,took aim as he flicked on the lamp.

She was standing about 70yds out facing us,because of the height of the wall and the fact there was bushes on the other side of it,i had to rest on my elbow and so did not feel as steady as i would of liked..anyway,i take a breath,aim,gently squeeze and hear crack - thump. :lol:

She was lying where she was hit,still facing forward so i was pleased,seeing as i hit 1 earlier in the week with the .243 and it struggled into the wood and i didn,t pick it :lol:

Photo taken in 1 of the outbuildings as the rain was heavy by now..oh yeah,we scared the farmers wife by tapping on the window as she was baking and putting the fox up to the glass...has to be done now and again :lol:

SS100157.jpg

Forgive the pose as same photo is for Fox - pro on-line competition and you have to show 3 fingers :lol:

Fox is placed that way as the Sako 90grner made a considerable opening.

GH