Help with Ebay please

The Sniper

Yes,

I am the original computer dinosaur. :D

But I have seen one or two things on Ebay I would like to bid for.

Presumably the registration is painless ? ;)

Any tips on how to use Ebay ?? :lol::D

How can they sell some things at such low prices, or do you have to be there at the end of the auction to find out what was really paid for some thing ?

:lol::lol:

Any help is gratefully accepted.

Signing up for an account is easy, if you don't want to sell you don't even have to give Credit card details (it's free). Try and only buy things from people with good feedback as this lowers the chance someone will cheat you out of money.

I think some of the people on there are wholesalers and so can undercut retail prices - having said that prices often go up a lot in the last 30 minutes.

i started off using ebay and didnt use my credit card, i used to send postal orders. Once you get the hang of it you can pay instantly with your card.

Try signing up and if you want to bid for something you type the ammount in, on the 'My ebay' winder you can see what your watching, bidding on, bought.

Easy when you explore a bit on it.

Taylor

HI Sniper

A few tips for you...

1. As mentioned before always check feedback.

2. Check postage, if not displayed always ask. I had 2 infrered adapters for my mobile sent by post, it was posted with a £1 stamp and a used envolope i was charged £4 per item.

3. Its good to get insurance usually about 60p extra, but at least you know they sent it.

4. sign up for Nochex or paypal to pay for your items.

5. I bid an extra few pence on top of what i want to pay ie.£3.27, most people bid even numbers like £3.25 that way if some on bids at the last minute for £3.25 you win. I have won loads of auctions at the last second by outbidding by a few pence.

6. Dont get carried away by the auction, bin there done that :) think of an amount you want to pay and stick to it.

7. check what other items the seller is selling, a lot of people get carried away by actions, i have seen stuff selling for £20 more than Buy it now, by the same seller.

Hope this helps

Neil

if its camo gear your after ie realtree ect ect look under sellers for yzfmick hes my mate and hes got loads of good feed back some thing like 300 if not more and the gear he sells is very good and i promis you will not get any ****

"look under sellers for yzfmick"

Jonno

look under sellers for yzfmick"

I have bought stuff off Mick as mentioned. Top bloke whoever he is.

One tip. Don't get Ebay fever !!!!!!!!!!! I have seen people buy items on Ebay dearer than they are in the shops, then theres P&P on top of that. Can't seem to get my head round that one. Someone bidding t'other week had bid £33 for a 25 round Bulter Creek rimfire mag (£26 in gunshop)and there was still a day to go on auction. I'm sure some people buy just to get the feedback score up. Any thoughts !!!!

O' and always fully read about item before bidding. Some people (conmen) advertise to sell a voucher with an address etc to purchase an item. Load of rubbish. I bet once you get into it you will get the rush. Happy bidding

Jonno

Remember the "genuine clay pigeon ashtrays" and the shell decoys going for £5 each?

:):):lol:

If there's someone silly enough to bid for them, then I say to the seller "Good luck!"

Do your research first. Do a Google search to find the price for a new item.

Remember also that if an offer seems too good to be true, it is.

Hi sniper, signing up for Ebay is easy, but there are a number of rules you must follow? ie research the seller and item (mate of mine sells memory chips for radio control transmitters) often gets more for them via "bidding" than he would if he sold direct??? and a link to his website is on his add? jeez all they had to do was look!

make your mind up in regards to what YOU are prepared to pay? and stick to it theres plenty of nutters out there who will get in to a "must have" it bidding frenzy

in the last mins of the sale.

Dont buy off anyone with negative feedback that hasn't been responded to / explained, oh and dont expect ebay to bail you out, the promise of safe secure buying and selling is that ie a promise not a fact I got stung once for a printer I wanted for the kids birthday "won it paid for it" selelr said its a pre pay auction expect in 4 weeks? never got it yet all ebay did was give me sellers contact details then expected me to do the rest after months of trying I was offered a percentage of the purchase price in my case 15 bloody quid so I was down just short of 80

unless you know exactly what the item is how much it is new etc its not a "cheap" imitation etc then sometimes I think e bay is not worth bothering with, on the other hand I have sold plenty and made considerably better money than I would have offered the items openly for say in a free mag, I once sold a twin engine for one of my planes wanted 80 qiud and would have been happy it, went for 169 so quids in?

oh and use watch this item then even if you dont bid, you can see what it went for number of bidders etc, it will give you an idea of the demand and prices people are prepared to pay should a simmilar / same item come up

cheers Keith

look under sellers for yzfmick"

I have bought stuff off Mick as mentioned. Top bloke whoever he is

i am a very good friend off his he loves his shooting and only buys the best he even had a 10/22 made for him with barrel wrap in carbon fiber and god knows what eles but there is only one and he really does know his stuff he showed me the ropes when i first started shooting and who better to learn from then an ex army sniper whom won medals at bisly i also had one of his springer pups a few years ago which is a great dog and he has some more pups which are ready in a month i want another as i seen them on friday but my missis will not let me

Might appear thick here but what is Shill bidding :)

Rgds Andrew

Andrew

I didn't know what is was until I read the rules on Ebay, then a mate explained it. Basically say you put an item on Ebay, and people start bidding, you always seem to get a couple of people at the back end of the auction bidding against each other. A couple of hours before the auction has ended get a mate who is registered on Ebay to intodruce false bids. Hs no reason to buy it but it may encourage the genuine bidders to bid even higher. What out for Ebay traders selling goods, you can see the same person putting in bids on everything they are selling, but the never seem to buy anything.

I've seem it done :)

Jonno