Tikka T3 Stock prob

sambo

Hi guys, I am after buying a Tikka T3 .243 (after finally receiving my variation) but have been told that the forend of the stock sometimes flexes when mounted on a bipod which ends in the stock touching the barrel and the bullets not being consistently on target. have any of you suffered from this and if so how did you end up over coming it?

so my ideal set up would be- Tikka T3 .243

Swarovski Habicht 8x56

Sound mod up for suggestions no idea which is best

thanks

sam

Hi guys, I am after buying a Tikka T3 .243 (after finally receiving my variation) but have been told that the forend of the stock sometimes flexes when mounted on a bipod which ends in the stock touching the barrel and the bullets...how did you end up over coming it?

Don't buy a Tikka would be the simple answer! :lol: Heard of it a fair few times now due to the lacking build quality (same as the cheaper Remingtons) :lol: generally your options are; cut it out (you should ask yourself if you should really have to do this on a new rifle though :lol: ), get a new different stock (ditto :lol:), or get a different make rifle. :lol:

Edited by Oly

I have a t3 .223 like the one pictured to the left,never had any problems with stock flex i use a harris bipod for every shot i get consistant accuracy shot after shot.

You will find some people here are very anti Tikka on this site :lol:

Edited by tikkamark

In reality it's only Oly but he never seems to tire of typing out the anti Tikka stuff :lol:

back on topic...

IF you think you need to stiffen the forend of a Tikka (or any) sythethic stock you can pour plastic metal into it, that will do the trick :lol:

I wanted a light weight stalking rifle (I'm getting old and can't be doing with carrying heavy rifles)) and after much deliberation I went for a Tikka light in 6.5x55. Thank goodness I bought it before Oly started his rantings or I might of been put off the T3.

It is a highly accurate rifle and suffers from non of the problems Oly rants on about. It suits my needs down to the ground and I would buy another.

I recomend.

In reality it's only Oly but he never seems to tire of typing out the anti Tikka stuff :lol:

Fair comment, but it is an open forum and I guess we're all entitled to our opinons! ^_^ Try deertalking for a decent amount of Tikka bashing! :lol: And a touch on ukvarminting too - it generally seems to be the more rifle orientated sites that bash Tikka's more than on here - I wonder why! :lol: :lol: ;)

IF you think you need to stiffen the forend of a Tikka (or any) sythethic stock you can pour plastic metal into it, that will do the trick :lol:

Sounds interesting that Stuart, it's a new one on me - do you know if any info online about this process? Would be good to read up on. :lol:

Sambo,

I bought a T3 in .243 a few years ago, and it gets a lot of use, and after (so far) over 1000 rounds through

it I've had no problems at all with accuracy.

I also bought a T3 in .270 two years ago, and although that has only had about 500 rounds through it, I've have had no problems with that either.

Both have T8's on them and guess what.....I've had no problems with those either.

Sounds interesting that Stuart, it's a new one on me - do you know if any info online about this process? Would be good to read up on. :rolleyes:

There is nothing to it, just get the stock level, mix up the goo and pour it in - voila.

I bought a secondhand M695 synthetic stock and stiffened it like that.

The T3's have strands of glass in them I believe so even they sound hollow they are not as soft as the old ones.

Just like to say a big thanks to magman for taking me out this morning to try his tikka .223 I was really happy with the way it performed and i even managed a 1/2" group. So now my mind is made up I will be at NWSS on tuesday morning ordering myself a Tikka T3 lite .243 and as for scope I might have to go the same as Rob and get a zeiss 3x12x56.

Thanks once again Rob

Sam