Finally My Farms Have Been Approved

ShaggyRS6

I had a fair old list for the Rozzers to check :rolleyes: They still have 5 to go, but this is wha they have come back with so far.

Farm 1- 22 Centrefire

Farm 2 - 22 Centrefire

Farm 3 - .308

Farm 4 - 22 Centrefire

Farm 5 - 22 Centrefire

Farm 6 - 22 250

Farm 7 - 22 250

Farm 8 - 223

Farm 9 - 22 250

Farm 10 - .243

On my ticket I have 22 Rimfire, 17HMR and Air Rifle FAC. All of which are covered under these conditions. Nice.

Edited by CupramanRR

Not wanting to sound rude or anything like that cos i'm not but what qualifies you to be a firearms dealer?

From what I understand you have only just got your ticket and are not very experienced with firearms.

I can understand why you want one cos it would make all of our lives easier to get RFD status but do you really know enough about firearms to to deal in them?

Cheers

Harry

Not wanting to sound rude or anything like that cos i'm not but what qualifies you to be a firearms dealer?

From what I understand you have only just got your ticket and are not very experienced with firearms.

I can understand why you want one cos it would make all of our lives easier to get RFD status but do you really know enough about firearms to to deal in them?

Cheers

Harry

From what I can see in the firearms law you don't have to have experiance, just a good reason. If he has a good reason then he can become an RFD.

A mate of mine got his RFD about 9 months ago, I would not have given him a water pistol :) (he went bust last month due to financial reasons though.....)

Cheers

Harry

I think Cupra is just waiting for his RFD to get back to him Harry rather than getting a RFD status for his self.

LB

Cheers

Harry

I think Cupra is just waiting for his RFD to get back to him Harry rather than getting a RFD status for his self.

LB

Negative that old bean. I think he is getting RFD for himself to allow him to review/photograph/look over rifles etc.

Cheers

Harry

LB

Negative that old bean. I think he is getting RFD for himself to allow him to review/photograph/look over rifles etc.

Nail on the head Sam. I wrote in another thread that a valid business case is required to obtain an RFD certificate. So I prepared a 3 page business case, wit the grace of the Mag I write for. I called my FLO and explained the situation and this is the route I have been advised to go down.

So it's not for making my life easier per-say, although it is a nice by product.

Shooting Sports.

They have asked me to do a few bits and bobs for them. I actually like writing, when I get the time. I am trying to put together a Shooting Wagon Article at the mo, that will not be a quick one. Various bits of equipment to do and a couple of Shotguns. The Fox Caller, and a few more bits. Sporting Gun may want what Sports does not want if that makes sense.

I dont profess to be an expert, but I am learning all the time ???

I also do reviews on and off for the Radio Society Of Great Britain, just finishing one for the AirNav Radar Box (google it) :lol:

Edited by ShaggyRS6

Cheers

Harry

LB

My mistake ???

Cheers

Harry

LB

My mistake ???

NP :lol: how did today go?

^ Having been in a few RFD's over the years who did not know their derriere from their olecronon, I think it is a bit unfair to criticise Lee here. I seem to remember him coming on here, shortly after I did. The main of his posts were questions, which he acted upon, with good results as far as I can tell. He appears to be a very thorough chap, who puts a huge amount of effort in to the things he does, and goes out of his way to learn about things (dispatching game, dog training etc) which he feels he needs to know to get the best from his sport.

If he want's to be a RFD, why not? The internet is a hell of a resource, and he can research things till the cows come home, prices, opinions etc. He has already done quite a few (most excellent) reviews on here, and strikes me as the kind of guy who will readily listen and accept views from others, even if they are contrary to his own. I have no doubt that he spends a lot of time researching things.

As an aside, has anyone noticed how the reviews section of, for example, Sporting Shooter, never seems to have any negatives? They never seem to say "we thoroughly recommend that you avoid buying these trousers because the stitching is rubbish and the crotch split second time out...." or anything similar. If I want to know about a product, I come here and ask.

Good luck to you Lee, I think this could be a very interesting (and possibly expensive) road to travel, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

Tuck