getting FAC shotgun before getting permission

markz

hi, im currently applying for an FAC shotgun as i wish to use it for vermin shooting, as well as clay shooting as well (id also like to try out PSG sometime in the future) the question is though, since im not a member of IPSC yet (and you need to be a member for 6 months before using PSG as a reason to own the FAC shotgun) and i cant currently find anywhere to shoot vermin will i be granted the FAC? if i explain that i will be using it at a clay ground untill i can gain permisiion on some land? its a bit of a catch 22.

thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong place

mark

No clay ground will like a semi auto with a mag extension even if you only have two in the gun.

As for vermin shooting you will have to work up to it and show your FEO you have a requirement, which won't normally be until you have shown you have an experience.

To be honest FAC shotguns are only really useful if you do alot of vehicle based rabbit shooting, which I like one for-but as for pigeon shooting they are a bit of a lost leader.

Regards starlight32

but as for pigeon shooting they are a bit of a lost leader.

:rolleyes: Why are they? numerous times last year I had gfroups of 7, 8 ,9 amd more pigeons land in my deeks, bang bang bang...three dead birds and still birds in the air that I could have killed.....i love having the extra 2 shots, and tend to reserve them for that purpose, not blatting all 5 at one pigeon!!! :good:

but as for pigeon shooting they are a bit of a lost leader.

:rolleyes: Why are they? numerous times last year I had gfroups of 7, 8 ,9 amd more pigeons land in my deeks, bang bang bang...three dead birds and still birds in the air that I could have killed.....i love having the extra 2 shots, and tend to reserve them for that purpose, not blatting all 5 at one pigeon!!! :good:

They are a lost cause because I have tried it numerous times- The temptation to fire at an otherwise an hittable target is immense, plus the fact it disturbs the birds.

EE- your fac shotgun is only a baby in comparison to most with only 5 shots-Try a remington 11-87 with a capacity for 10+1 and swinging that in a hide -Good on a vermin shoot though for knocking out dreys!!!!!!

Edited by starlight32