Is everything early or are we late?

tealer

It's always for money. Government pay scientists, with our money, for the scientific explanation, to frighten us into paying more money, tax, to reverse something we cant, and so the vicious circle revolves. The truth is, the ice started melting x many years ago, and hasn't stopped yet. Come on, we have all seen the programs about the last ice age. And if we are accelerating it, so what, nothing we can do will change it. Anyway, my land Rover runs on gas, so it isn't my fault. And it is tax exempt, so I feel better knowing I wont be helping Gordon Brown heat his swimming pool this winter.

wear do you think acid rain originates from,

Volcanoes are to blame for some of the acid rain.

This can go forever, but Can anyone tell me why Scientists do these tests or projects? I know why like every human being outhere they do it for money mean look at that film Mr Al Gore did he lied on that and he made alot of money out of it.

Dustyfox surley you are not suggesting we should stop scientific research into the natural world , its changes and the effect man is having on it. Without such research our world would be in a lot worse shape than it already is. There would be no clean air act , we would still be pumping out posionous lead gas , pumping raw sewage into our rivers and seas. Someone had to research the problem as govenments would never clean up our pollution as it costs the ecomoney a lot of money unless they have the facts before them. To give but one example we would still not know where a lot of our quarry species migrate to without ornithologists ringing birds by the thousand and tracking them so sites imporant for their survival can be protected from developement.

It's always for money. Government pay scientists, with our money, for the scientific explanation, to frighten us into paying more money, tax, to reverse something we cant, and so the vicious circle revolves. The truth is, the ice started melting x many years ago, and hasn't stopped yet. Come on, we have all seen the programs about the last ice age. And if we are accelerating it, so what, nothing we can do will change it. Anyway, my land Rover runs on gas, so it isn't my fault. And it is tax exempt, so I feel better knowing I wont be helping Gordon Brown heat his swimming pool this winter.

Point!! You said quote (Government pay scientists, with our money, for the scientific explanation) correct you go onto say Quote (to frighten us into paying more money) are you that Nye eve to seriously believe that last statement. You really need to educate your self on this before making brash unfounded statements. I agree the polar caps have been melting through natural evolution, but only in resent time that it has come to light that through our ignorance we have started the destruction our planet. Maybe you take the attitude (so what) and maybe a lot of people agree with that, but I would hope not it is our children that will inherit the mess we leave behind. No it’s not your fault!! Because your Landrover runs on gas. The fault lies with all of us.

Some people will remain in the dark ages with I'm alright jack aptitude :blush:

I for one must live in the dark ages? I am an atheist, I believe in evolvement as opposed to creation and I have an open mind, on ALL things but I AM NOT convinced by the claims that man is responsible for climate change, those scientists who argue against the purveyors of doom, are put down as lunatics,their theories are pooh poohed yet the FACT is even the most ardent supporter of the man v climate change link admits to it being LIKELY that man is the culprit, yet ONE volcanic eruption knocks out more "nasty" gases than we ever could.

Anyway what the hell is the problem? why worry about cheap flights and to many cars? are not the same scientists who tell us to cut back, live like ferking hermits also the ones who are shouting and balling that we are running out of fossil fuel? if so they surely know the problem will go away by itself? unless of course there is another agenda or they know they are telling fibs.

YES I accept climate change is happening, but I see it as a natural cyclic phenomena, we have been hotter than this before, we have been a damn sight colder as well, but round it goes, loved a bit on the telly last summer, weather man was balling on about the "warmest such and such a day" then slipped in "since 1947" not many cars on the road then?

cheers KW

wear do you think acid rain originates from,

Volcanoes are to blame for some of the acid rain.

This can go forever, but Can anyone tell me why Scientists do these tests or projects? I know why like every human being outhere they do it for money mean look at that film Mr Al Gore did he lied on that and he made alot of money out of it.

Dustyfox surley you are not suggesting we should stop scientific research into the natural world , its changes and the effect man is having on it. Without such research our world would be in a lot worse shape than it already is. There would be no clean air act , we would still be pumping out posionous lead gas , pumping raw sewage into our rivers and seas. Someone had to research the problem as govenments would never clean up our pollution as it costs the ecomoney a lot of money unless they have the facts before them. To give but one example we would still not know where a lot of our quarry species migrate to without ornithologists ringing birds by the thousand and tracking them so sites imporant for their survival can be protected from developement.

Ok then Why research what they know already know. and put more money into making better cleaner technologies?

Point!! You said quote (Government pay scientists, with our money, for the scientific explanation) correct you go onto say Quote (to frighten us into paying more money) are you that Nye eve to seriously believe that last statement. You really need to educate your self on this before making brash unfounded statements. I agree the polar caps have been melting through natural evolution, but only in resent time that it has come to light that through our ignorance we have started the destruction our planet. Maybe you take the attitude (so what) and maybe a lot of people agree with that, but I would hope not it is our children that will inherit the mess we leave behind. No it’s not your fault!! Because your Landrover runs on gas. The fault lies with all of us.

Ok then ironhorse if you where a scientist working on a project about climate change, you get all the equipment and stuff, how much would you want to get paid for yourself?

Edited by dustyfox

I don't wish to get in a fight or a slanging match with you Dusty....But come on we all know whats happening to the planet, but who realistically is going to change their life style to that extent not to be causing some kind of damage. Plus with all the industries and governments around the world half are not interested solely because its not cost effective to save the planet, granted it doesn't make it right but that's how it is.

Ok then ironhorse if you where a scientist working on a project about climate change, you get all the equipment and stuff, how much would you want to get paid for yourself?

Why are you infatuated with money? Is that all life means to you. You still haven’t answered my first questions to you, which suggests to me you know little or nothing about which you comment, throwing out a question to me such as you have just shows your level of intelligents.

Because at the moment money comes before environment in this world. I used to believe in this global warming, and have done research into it, and I researched that we have just come out of an ice age going into a warmer climate and that humans are only alterating the speed at which this is happenning.

Its not the amount of pollutants in the air it is how to slow down global warming so that wildlife can evolve and change easier. But with the human population today I think it is going to get tougher for them.

Because at the moment money comes before environment in this world. I used to believe in this global warming, and have done research into it, and I researched that we have just come out of an ice age going into a warmer climate and that humans are only alterating the speed at which this is happenning.

Its not the amount of pollutants in the air it is how to slow down global warming so that wildlife can evolve and change easier. But with the human population today I think it is going to get tougher for them.

I think most people would agree that the world has been driven by money and greed since time began, and governments past and present, at times have appeared to screw us all, it has been proven that some government members have been corrupt. But the issue here is global warming and no mater how you dress it up the fact remains we are responsible, the blame lies with us not natural evolution.

We are part of that evolution. We are evolving. This was going to happen. I'm not infatuated with money either, and wish I could live without it. The world isn't going to stop revolving because I don't have any, and I work till I have enough to pay my way, then have the rest of the month off and do what I want to do.

It's the Government who keep taking more out of my pocket, to waste on things like Northern Rock for one, and a few others that have been in the news lately. This ultimately produces more pollution, as I burn more fossil fuels to go about this daily business, to give the Government that money. I have no choice, there is nothing obvious to me that I can do to stop this cycle.

I think we are all in this same boat, and most of us are aware of pollution and recycle, and do our bit in what little way we can, but until there is a drastic change in Government policy, I see it all as futile.