Is everything early or are we late?

tealer

Food for thought, we are all aware of Global warming and it seems year after year reports of things getting earlier, for instance check out the tip leaf on an elderberry, note i did not say bud. Pigeons too are pairing up ready with the male chasing the females, the list is endless but it does seem to me everything works to a different clock to ours and its us who are late yet again not nature and the rest of wildlife that's early it only goes to show how separated we have become whether it be global warming or not. Everything else has already sensed a change and reacted accordingly whilst we are left only beginning to notice, is it a sense we have lost or something we have never had.

Edited by tealer

Food for thought, we are all aware of Global warming

I am aware of climate change IE a cycle that has gone on since I presume the earth was made/ formed ( not created) I am aware that my local beach was once a tropical forest, and that the hills round me are volcanic and ice age sculptures (must have gotten colder after it was tropical? then warmed up again, think I am onto something here) I am aware that I have seen butterfly's flying about in February, I am aware that I once witnessed it snow heavily on the isle of man the week before tt practice so that makes it late may, I am also aware that one of the best tans I ever had was from sitting in my garden in April!

yes seasons are a little different year in year out, but global warming, nah thats a load of ******** that the gullible shout the loudest back to the cave merchants would have us believe, oh and of course its a very good way to tax us yet further.

cheers KW

People cannot predict the future of the earths climate its just another way for the government to scrounge more money of us, trying to scare us by saying our kids wont have a future. The human race will adapt quickly if things change. so whats the point in trying to stop the inevitable.

People cannot predict the future of the earths climate its just another way for the government to scrounge more money of us, trying to scare us by saying our kids wont have a future. The human race will adapt quickly if things change. so whats the point in trying to stop the inevitable.

Not too sure about that Dustyfox. The boffins warned us 25 years ago that our climate was going to get warmer and wetter and it has . When was the last time we had a decent winter. Until the 1990s we usually had two or three spells of cold weather and snow most winters . In the last decade here in Norfolk we havent had any real snow ( just a dusting ) and it has only lasted a few days , if that. For the last 2 years we have had no snow that has stayed on the ground for more than a few hours. Three times in the 1980s i was snowed ( cut off ) in my town for days. When i was a kid if you had a clear night between mid October and March you had a frost, full stop. It was a clear night last night ans the temp was 7C in Norfolk. No frost here since boxing day. As for the climate getting wetter just look at the news.

Just spend some time online sifting through the 100s of papers on global warming and you can see a lot of what was predicted a decade ago is comming true. The data gathered for rising levels of CO2 was first recorded before the 1940s. I hate paying more in green taxes , but something has to be done or life is going to be hell for our kids.

Edited by anser2

Not too sure about that Dustyfox. The boffins warned us 25 years ago that our climate was going to get warmer and wetter and it has . When was the last time we had a decent winter. Until the 1990s we usually had two or three spells of cold weather and snow most winters . In the last decade here in Norfolk we havent had any real snow ( just a dusting ) and it has only lasted a few days , if that. For the last 2 years we have had no snow that has stayed on the ground for more than a few hours. Three times in the 1980s i was snowed ( cut off ) in my town for days. When i was a kid if you had a clear night between mid October and March you had a frost, full stop. It was a clear night last night ans the temp was 7C in Norfolk. No frost here since boxing day. As for the climate getting wetter just look at the news.

Just spend some time online sifting through the 100s of papers on global warming and you can see a lot of what was predicted a decade ago is comming true. The data gathered for rising levels of CO2 was first recorded before the 1940s. I hate paying more in green taxes , but something has to be done or life is going to be hell for our kids.

its all natural earths climate is changing all the time, its just the government trying to get more money.

What if the earth started calling down again?

No one can predict the future the ones who siad it 25 yrs ago just got lucky at guessing, mean every year just before the winter kicks in scientists always say its gonna be the coldest but never is. Mean has the percentage of oxygen in the air always been 21% no it hasnt.

Just get ready for the change in weather, cause there will be some goods to this warmer weather but there will also be bads

its all natural earths climate is changing all the time, its just the government trying to get more money.

What if the earth started calling down again?

No one can predict the future the ones who siad it 25 yrs ago just got lucky at guessing, mean every year just before the winter kicks in scientists always say its gonna be the coldest but never is. Mean has the percentage of oxygen in the air always been 21% no it hasnt.

Just get ready for the change in weather, cause there will be some goods to this warmer weather but there will also be bads

Well all I can say is a lot of people got lucky back in the 70s in predicting correctly what was going to happen to our climate now ( and a lot of people said they were talking rubbish then ) so i cant see any reason why they cant get it right for the next 25 years. If nothing is done about global warming we could tip the Earths climate into a downward spiral where is makes huge areas of the planet usless for humans , let along wildlife. Do not go by what you read in the newspapers , get hold of the many science papers and read them. It might just open your eyes to what is happening.

Edited by anser2

when was the last time the thames froze over? more than 200 yrs ago.

The atmosphere has got less than 1% of carbon dioxide 21% oxygen and 78% nitrogen.

They said every computer will crash when milenium came but never did.

Again Government taking more money from your pocket for putting up wind turbines that will use more energy making them than they can give back in there lifespan.

I predict the world is heating up but after it will start to call down again and then there will be another ice age, the earth has done this 10 times over the past 250,000 years and will surely happen again.

Whats the point in fighting mother nature, we should be living with it not living against it.

Edited by dustyfox

Yep they sure did but that was after years of telling us that it was the start of a new ice age in Europe, this was drummed into us all through the 60's, 70's and 80's.

I am almost convinced it is not that things are changing rapidly, it is just that the boffins have found ways to measure the changes that were happening anyway.

My 2 peneth

D

I gather from reading some of the posts on this subject, some people believe Global warming is down to the governments of the world getting together secretly to hatch plans on relieving there citizen of yet more money, that kind of belief shows lack of understanding of our environment, and how the human race with it continued use of fossil fuels and alike have brought about Global warming. The point raised this has all happened before, no it has not all happened before.

I gather from reading some of the posts on this subject, some people believe Global warming is down to the governments of the world getting together secretly to hatch plans on relieving there citizen of yet more money, that kind of belief shows lack of understanding of our environment, and how the human race with it continued use of fossil fuels and alike have brought about Global warming. The point raised this has all happened before, no it has not all happened before.

May be not.....But does anybody really and honestly think anything is going to change!?!.....Not till it's too late and my guess is it,s close to that now!!

Does anyone acctually know anything i dont think so....

I cant remember where i heard it but i think that the amount of man made CO2 released into the automosphere was some ridiculously small percentage of what actually goes out.

Im with foxy i think its just another climate change ive spoken to people who remember the summers being so much warmer when i was young i remember particularly 95 if i remember right the summer being scortching global warming if thats what you want to call it but i wouldnt be getting to worried if something happens it happens .

And you wrong about one thing the earth was created but thats a whole can of worms :unsure:

We could kick this round for ever, the fact remains man is destroying the world, wear do you think acid rain originates from, what’s the old adage what goes up must come down, look at November 5th in this country after a night of bomb fires the air the next morning is full of smoke, that smoke has got to go somewhere as has exhaust fumes, forestry and vegetation continues to be stripped which decreases our air output (fact). The climate in this country has been changing more rapidly since the 60s, increase in population and increase in use of fossil fuels the biggest cause, the ozone is being destroyed (fact) increase in skin cancers due to that destruction, the polar caps are melting and that melt is accelerating due also to the ozone destruction. The true extend of the ozone damage and what the human race has to face in the future probably won’t be revealed due to fear of mass panic. All we can pin our hopes on is that at some stage we will get it right before it’s to late.

Put it this way if you don't believe in scientific fact then you may as well believe in god, magic, and fairies at the bottom of your garden, some of you are right we are in a warming period, naturally, however this warming is accelerated unnaturally and if the temperature rises a further 5.4 Fahrenheit in Greenland the warming is irreversible. this is helped along by the greenhouse effect another natural occurrence but naturally heat escapes the atmosphere but due to the build up of CFC, methane and carbon dioxide the heat bounces back into the planet heating it further. Its not the Government but Scientists the world over. Have a good read, it seems some of you already have. there may be hope for the pigeons yet then :good:

Edited by tealer

wear do you think acid rain originates from,

Volcanoes are to blame for some of the acid rain.

This can go forever, but Can anyone tell me why Scientists do these tests or projects? I know why like every human being outhere they do it for money mean look at that film Mr Al Gore did he lied on that and he made alot of money out of it.

wear do you think acid rain originates from,

Volcanoes are to blame for some of the acid rain.

This can go forever, but Can anyone tell me why Scientists do these tests or projects? I know why like every human being outhere they do it for money mean look at that film Mr Al Gore did he lied on that and he made alot of money out of it.

On what do you base your comments about Al Gore? Also you say scientists are in it for the money, I take it you have done research into your findings and can give a sensible explanation. Not just well I herd it somewhere