Had a good session with the 10/22 today

njc110381

I was out at the range again with the 10/22 this morning. I've now found out that its favourite ammo is CCI, but I've used them all! I have 200 rounds of Eley subs and 200 rounds of Winchester subs left over, but when the gun starts to get dirty it plays up with all but the CCI :rolleyes:

Trust my luck. I've gone and bought a good sized batch of each for testing and now I have 400+ rounds that my gun doesn't like! I guess it's time to get on the phone to all the shooters I know and pass them on. Luckily they're cheap :wub:

On a positive note, I've found out what my gun likes. It also groups well within an inch at 50 yards with all the makes, and about the size of a penny wth the Winchesters. Typical, it wont feed the best ones :good:

I used to have a Remi' 597. It was terrible. Very fussy on rounds. would not take Winchester Sub Sonic 40g (which I've always used) I got rid of it and have just bought a 10/22 stainless. An ewxcellent rifle. I have never had a problem yet with it. I've tried many different makes of .22 ammo ( all subsonic) with good results.

I would get an after market extractor claw, like this http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproductpage....leitemid=363360

SYSS do not have any in at the moment but will in a couple of weeks, or buy from the States.

You will not have anymore problems, those titanium ones are best I have heard.

I use any 40grn hollow point subs in my 10 / 22 with no problems. If your doing a lot of range shooting I would get a Bolt lock

http://www.silencerresearch.com/jg_bolt_lock.htm

Go to bottom of page and look at last film clip, this will keep your breech clean and you will get better groups, I use mine for very quiet hunting.

I do not bother with supersonic rounds, most semis do not get on with them, if you want HV get a .17HMR, much better and safer than the .22

All the best,

Chris