Latest Picture Creation

Stu S

Very nice, i like it!

Have you tried any ND filters to help achieve a longer exposure and flatten that water out? Not that i'm saying it would be better but you would have two photos with different effect. I must admit i like that water effect that long exposures gives.

Having given the work due consideration I remain of the firm opinion that with sympathetic lighting and the appropriate use of shadow, a fit dusky maiden with her gigantic bangers out would have completed the piece.

EDIT : to clarify and add the word gigantic.

Edited by Mungler

I'll see if i can put a larger version up for you.

Now, there is one thing that i didn't mention. The water isn't real. It's just the original image flipped and HEAVILY played with (about 2 hours of work) to get it to that effect.

Hard work, but very much worth it! It's turned a good photo into a stunning one!

Stu

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

It was a new technique that I've picked up, and wanted to give it a try to see if it was one that could be employed without it being very obvious, or just obvious, that it was an edited effect over a real one.

May end up putting some more on here over the next few days, keep your eyes peeled!

Stu

Personally, I think B&W pictures are much more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, because they seem to capture the detail a bit more, show more lines, and have a more emotional presentation to them.

There are others that think colour is better, and some that think duotone is even better. It's all a matter of personal taste really!

Stu

For instance:

_wsb_292x434_Merlin.jpg

I personally think this is the best picture I have of my dog, it's a stunning photo in B&W, but not really that good in colour. Interesting when he's black anyway?!?

Whereas this picture is alive with colour (mostly oranges, reds and yellows) and this still 'pops' too.

_wsb_433x412_Smile.jpg

Go figure!

Stu