high horses

jimdfish

A while ago I posted against a young lad who while being full of p#ss and vinegar wished someone dead. I did start this thread but it now seems to me that we are all getting a bit serious and some of the fun of the site is disappearing. I would find it extremely hard to resist a pheasant out of season and I think I would find it even harder to avoid a goose. If there is one amongst us without sin let him cast the first stone as my mate dave said. Can we go back to when we could post without the thought police hammering us. We are doing the anti's job for them. The site IS fun, a forum for like minded people to chat. Lets not beat each other up here. If you hate buzzards, badgers or black bears write about it, If you have shot something at 100 yards with a gat gun tell us, we will rib you mercilessly but lets all do it in good humour. To ostracize people because you do not agree with them is wrong

the reverand jimDfish

P.S come on Aled give us a laugh

Yesterday morning whilst out with my pea shooter I shot a badger at 150 yards no joke the pea took a deflection and hit a golden eagle right in the eye it was chasing a plane at the time then these antis started on me so I got out my pack of Birds Eyes marrow fats and took them all on and won. Then in came nursey to give me another tablet!!!!!

Squint

Jimdfish wrote

I would find it extremely hard to resist a pheasant out of season,

find it even harder to avoid a goose

So you lack self control with a gun in your hands and can't manage what thousands of others can. You must be a real joy to have around when decoying on a keepered estate in Norfolk.

can we go back to when we could post without the thought police hammering us?
Not when you admit to law breaking and the inability to disipline yourself. Plod reads these forums too you know.

We are doing the anti's job for them.
Not we, you.

It's not neccessary to "lighten up" just brighten up.

Regards

Eug

Jimdfish wrote

I would find it extremely hard to resist a pheasant out of season,

find it even harder to avoid a goose

So you lack self control with a gun in your hands and can't manage what thousands of others can. You must be a real joy to have around when decoying on a keepered estate in Norfolk.

can we go back to when we could post without the thought police hammering us?
Not when you admit to law breaking and the inability to disipline yourself. Plod reads these forums too you know.

We are doing the anti's job for them.
Not we, you.

It's not neccessary to "lighten up" just brighten up.

Regards

Eug

Well said

I agree with Jim to some extent but then again I also agree with Eug..

It is difficult trying to acheive a balance but at the end of the day we Must confine our activities to within the perameters of the law.

This site could quite easily be read by somebody on whose land we might be shooting and it is possible we could be recognised.

I like a good laugh Jim at me or on someone else, I am very thick skinned and have been brought up in a community where you needed a sense of humour to survive. I have also taken a pop at things in my younger days I know I shouldnt have but feel that nothing good can come of posting about things we shouldnt have done outside the constraints of the law.

A very real example of this is a friend of mine, Richie, (Not from these parts I hasten to add) who shot 2 years ago a couple of out of season Frenchies and stupidly gave them to the landlord at his local pub in full view of the Vicars wife, Next thing it was in the Parish magazine and Richie had a visit from the local plod... Boy did he have trouble getting is Shotgun certificate renewed.. and the local shooting community now treat him like a leper.

If your getting depressed Jim try a Vallium and Stella cocktail with a Grouse chaser.. Works for me... or think of all those poor ******* who have to live in Wales.... :):)

FM

Ia m not condoning breaking the law and self discipline is not an issue for me at all. The point I am trying to make is putting a post on this site is now a minefield. Eugene, have you never ever done something, anything that how shall I say this, bent the rules a little

Marmite, the same applies to you. If i want to tell people that I had a bit of fun without endangering other people or their livelihood, something that would not upset anyone then let me do it without you castigating me for it. As I have said the forum is fun and if every time someone posts something and then we have such serious reponses no-one will post for fear of being made to look small. Do not post stuff which the police will act upon, dont post stuff that will wind up the antis, we are not stupid ( noticed I used we, not I Eug ). As god said on the first day Lighten up. I am getting quite a few biblical references in now adays. Wonder what that means

jim(steely self control and pillar of the community)Dfish

Ia m not condoning breaking the law and self discipline is not an issue for me at all. The point I am trying to make is putting a post on this site is now a minefield. Eugene, have you never ever done something, anything that how shall I say this, bent the rules a little

Marmite, the same applies to you. If i want to tell people that I had a bit of fun without endangering other people or their livelihood, something that would not upset anyone then let me do it without you castigating me for it. As I have said the forum is fun and if every time someone posts something and then we have such serious reponses no-one will post for fear of being made to look small.  Do not post stuff which the police will act upon, dont post stuff that will wind up the antis, we are not stupid ( noticed I used we, not I Eug ). As god said on the first day Lighten up. I am getting quite a few biblical references in now adays. Wonder what that means

jim(steely self control and pillar of the community)Dfish

Quite contradicting that post as in the original you said it would be extremely hard for you to resist.I know I wouldnt look twice at shooting it if it wasnt in season, and I would hope that any self respecting countryman/woman(for gemma) would do the same

Oh and the name's millomite, JimDflush

The first post was just saying we have all done something we should not have done at one point in our lives. It was also saying that we cannot post without someone jumping down your throat about it. Your posts have just been a case in point. If you are the one who has been sent to judge all others then let it be so, but I do not remember tghis being the case. Aled CKY used to post everyday, alot of it was rubbish but he wanted to be involved in an informal forum where if he wanted he could post without sanctimonious, self righteous individuals getting on his case every single minute. Where is he now? We have all been young, silly, headstrong and self believing at one point in our lives, so to quote Mr Edison as he first flicked the switch lighten up

jimDflush

The first post was just saying we have all done something we should not have done at one point in our lives. It was also saying that we cannot post without someone jumping down your throat about it. Your posts have just been a case in point. If you are the one who has been sent to judge all others then let it be so, but I do not remember tghis being the case. Aled CKY used to post everyday, alot of it was rubbish but he wanted to be involved in an informal forum where if he wanted he could post without sanctimonious, self righteous individuals getting on his case every single minute. Where is he now? We have all been young, silly, headstrong and self believing at one point in our lives, so to quote Mr Edison as he first flicked the switch lighten up

jimDflush

I can think of one post where I have jumped down someones throat. if you can show me where else I have I would be glad to know. I think what you said about it being hard to resist is rather irresponsible as there may be youngsters on here who may well be influenced by what is said on here.

Last post was not aimed at you millicent ( sorry couild not help myself )

Lets not quarrel any more. On the plus side it has bumped up my number of posts considerably.

AP

This weather is doing my head in. In Stockport we have had great weather every day until 5 pm when I finish work and get the gear in the van. Then the heavens open and thunder and lightning until 9 pm. The big man upstairs is having a laugh.

Message to God , As mr atkins said to his wife when feeding her a mixed grill for breakfast, Lighten up. I have got millions of these and not one of them any good

jinDfish

Jim.

Off to Gt Yarmouth tomorrow for a weeks holiday, (God knows I need a break).

The weather here near Oxford has been great for the last few weeks as you would have noticed if yu visited the CLA Game Fair at Blenheim.

Just looked at the ten day forecast for Yarmouth and guess what?

MOSTLY RAIN AND THUNDER STORMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How lucky is that?