Drilled Beans

farmer

:( 4 fields of beans being drilled today and tommorow :good::yes::yes: cant wait to see what woodies build up on these fields fingers crossed :yes: just as long as the local **** doesn't take it upon himself to shoot it before hand without permission :hmm::yes: We'll see will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks Phil

Edited by farmer

One farm that i used to shoot grew a lot of tick beans .They used to broadcast the seed onto the seed bed and then roll them in .This used to be fabulous shooting as all the seed was exposed on top of the seed bed . If it rained just after they had been rolled in you could see all the seed glistning and asking for pigeons to eat them . I carnt imagine that they are broadcasted in this day and age .They must have a drill that can handle the large tic bean seed . Harnser .

:welcomeani: Yes they do drill most spring "TIC" beans now but Autumn beans are usaully broadcast then ploughed in and rolled/harrowed afterwards. The fields I will be on are drilled but the seed bed didn't look too good at the weekend when I walked over it!!! All the fields were failed rape(not pigeon damage) it just didn't germinate. Edited by farmer

Well i went and had a look at the fields gave it a go for a couple of hours but the beans are still hard as bullets :unsure: and the pigeons just didn't want to know :rolleyes: I'll give it a few days perhaps i'll try after a drop of rain.Oh I did manage 17 :/ before I packed up, they were flighting past not coming to the decoys. As for how long will the woodies be before they get on your drilled beans just keep an eye on the field if possible let them build up well then hammer them :lol:

i been trying a field of beans ,been in over a week now,and hardly a bird going near them,hoping theyll have a go when they start sprouting a bit :)

I hate to say it, but you'll be disappointed, they don't touch sprouting beans, they love sprouting peas, but not beans I'm afraid.

Cat.