Opinions on Fiocchi

I'm just finishing off a batch of one of their cheaper shells - Number One, I think they're called B)

They've been perfectly OK, but make a lot of sparks, I get people coming up to me and commenting about Roman Candles and other such razor-edged wit :welcomeani:

I had one weird misfire out of a batch of 1000 - it just went "phut" and the shot squirted out of the barrel and went about 30 feet :good:

Just Cartridges prices look reasonably OK, but the carriage charges kill the deal, it's about £12 isn't it, I might as well go down to the gun shop or shooting ground and get mine.

Edited by Chard

I tried a couple of them and they seemed ok. I bought some Eley Olympic Trap plaswads from Kelbrook recently and find them to be very similar to Hull DTL 300's apart from the price.

They are £128 per 1000 for non members and £126 if you are a member. I think you will find it difficult to buy decent ammo any cheaper any where else.

Thanks for all the advice and replies.

To Cat, only just started again after long abscence. Have been shooting sporting (three lessons to get back into it, about to go on my own for the first time next Saturday) , and had a pop at the skeet targets once.

How good? Well, I can hit the ones off the high towers (instructor told me the towers are 90ft and 140ft) no problems at all but...

absolutely hopeless on going away birds coming fast and low from behind and directly overhead going away (missing over the top of them I think).

Worst of all (sorry, again can't remember the proper name for these): targets are low, coming towards you and crossing slightly (hope this makes sense). They appear to be travelling very slowly.

Might as well have been waving a walking stick and shouting "Bang!". Only hit one, when the instructor counted and told me when to fire!

When I used to shoot, it was mainly driven pheasant (Dad was a member of a couple of syndicates, and would take me with him to other days whenever he could), so maybe that's why I don't have any trouble with those types of target?

Anyway, going on Saturday with 100 carts to try to improve scores on the other ones.

Having given an honest assessment of your ability, I would say forget about paying serious money for an imported shell that is likely to do a "Here today, gone tomorrow" on you and stick with a cheaper, more readily obtainable shell, i.e. Eley or Express.

It's just not worth paying over the odds unless you're a serious competition shooter, the only difference you will notice is by way of a lighter bank balance.

Good luck, shoot a bit of Skeet and your Sporting shooting will improve immensely.

Cat.