HW100 for S410

sternyboy

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do I swap hw100 for S410?

• HW100
    • S410

I have a .177 hw100 and am wondering whether to swap it for a .22 AirArms S410.

What you guys reckon? :good::good:

The AA seems lighter, I had the s400 and now have the HW100 and it seems much heavier. Also because of the large mag you seem to fire off more shots than required - seem to be refilling costantly :good:

AA is nice but you will regret losing the HW100 as everything seems to be disigned better (mag and loading system)

It depends how old your HW100 is, if its an old pre anti-tamper one and you're looking at a new S410 then it might make sense. That said, if you had a new HW100 and a new S410 next to each other - the 100 is the better gun by a mile in my opinion.

As for going over to the dark side (.22) are you ******? :good:

I think that a .177 air rifle running at around 18 ft/lbs with Barracudas (10.65g) or Bis Mags (10.5g) would be a fantastic hunting tool.

In fact thats what I plan to do with my Daystate when I get around to applying for the FAC.

I chrono'd it on sunday night with Bis Mags and over 10 shots it came out at 11.9 ft/lbs - hellish close! and it's lethal :good:

Bigger and more power doesnt always mean better.

i chopped my s410 classic in the other month and got myself a HW100s, the s410 is a cracking pice of kit "BUT" the HW100 is much better, its got a better reload you get more shots per fill and i just think its a bit better gun but i would say that wouldent i, theres not much in it really there both top guns.

cheers.......fenman :good:

I think that a .177 air rifle running at around 18 ft/lbs with Barracudas (10.65g) or Bis Mags (10.5g) would be a fantastic hunting tool.

;) thats definatelly worth a thought then!! Cheers guys, suppose I could sell my old BSA Hornet as I never use it and see what I get for that :):good:

I know am Fairly young (23) etc but in september we replaced our daystate with a HW100 and we only had that 3 weeks and just didnt get on with it so we gave the AA S410 ago and loved it. To get more shots out of it we have had a regulator added inside the gun and its preformance and consistancy is great !

I only shoot upto the range of 35 - 40yrds regardless and with a head shot .22 or .177 theyr brown bread ! So calibre is no issue for me ! :hmm:

I have the s410k and it's a great rifle and not overrated at all. I didn't like the feel of the hw100t and preferred the shorter s410k that i bought. I shoot with a guy who has the hw100t, he loves it and i love mine. Personal taste. The world would be a boring place if we all had the same opinion. By the way I'm right ha ha :good::yes: B) :unsure: :blink: :wub: :wub: :wub: :o

I have a couple of .177 100's.1 has my NV scope permanantly mounted for night time shooting and the other i use for daytime shooting.I rate them very highly!...Fantastic cocking system,quiet and very accurate!.....Having said that i am looking to buy an FAC rated Air Arms S410 .22 but am gonna keep ythe 100's.....Just wondered if anybody out there could recommend a silencer to put on the S410 even though i am told they are pretty quiet anyway?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a couple of .177 100's.1 has my NV scope permanantly mounted for night time shooting and the other i use for daytime shooting.I rate them very highly!...Fantastic cocking system,quiet and very accurate!.....Having said that i am looking to buy an FAC rated Air Arms S410 .22 but am gonna keep ythe 100's.....Just wondered if anybody out there could recommend a silencer to put on the S410 even though i am told they are pretty quiet anyway?

The HW silencer is awesome on a 410. Obviously you will need an adpater.