New pattern (To me any way)

Mutley

Hi guys , don't know if this has been mentioned before?...But like most have had difficulty decoying on rape lately!

Some come in some don't some come close but not close enough!....I have used the horseshoe pattern with rotary, and just random patterns

but cant say the birds have decoyed well! Until yesterday after reading one of the threads on here i had an idea ( scary or wot!?!)

For the set up i went with a random pattern with a hole in the middle approx yards in diameter and the rotary off to one side 10 or so yards.

Ok so the bag was not huge but wot birds came over wanted to come in, usual case 20 plus birds fly in and with an O/U the best you're gunna do is get 2,

Either way the set up seemed to work....Just thought i'd pass it on, Cheers lads

Hi guys , don't know if this has been mentioned before?...But like most have had difficulty decoying on rape lately!

Some come in some don't some come close but not close enough!....I have used the horseshoe pattern with rotary, and just random patterns

but cant say the birds have decoyed well! Until yesterday after reading one of the threads on here i had an idea ( scary or wot!?!)

For the set up i went with a random pattern with a hole in the middle approx yards in diameter and the rotary off to one side 10 or so yards.

Ok so the bag was not huge but wot birds came over wanted to come in, usual case 20 plus birds fly in and with an O/U the best you're gunna do is get 2,

Either way the set up seemed to work....Just thought i'd pass it on, Cheers lads

Mutley, how many yards hole did you leave in the middle approximately?

and what sort of space between random birds(my guess 1yard between each deek)?

As a newcomer to PW I don't wan't to seem to know it all. My friends tell me I know b*****-all.

But I have really never found that any particular patter works better than any other. I usually try to put out at least 20 decoys and try to have a few of them higher than ground level, like on fence posts or in a hedge.

But maybe I am wring cos some days the cushies just flock in to my pattern and other days they ignore it.

Poor year so far. very little in January and best day in February was only 26.