2 way radios

radio1ham

I used to use a pair of Nokia standard 2 ways. Rubbish range. If I buy a new radio com set I will buy either a set of CB radios or PMR 446, better range etc :good: the ones that say 2km range on the box are only good for 600meters in this country with hills, trees, building, other structures etc. Need a bit more power.

yes these license free radios only put out about 500mw

i use tait 3000 hand sets on 446mhz they put out about just over 4 watts

if any one needs any radio programming drop me a pm with make and model and il tell you if i can reprogram them

yes cbs are good aswell ideal for in landys etc i used to use them years ago before passing my ham radio exams and i have radios now which i can talk all over the world with when conditions allow

and you dont need a license for cb radios anymore aswell

Edited by radio1ham

you dont need a license for cb radios anymore aswell

Thats interesting. I used to have CB's when I was younger, we just use some 2 way motorola radios now the range isnt too great but covers most of the 250 acre permission we shoot. I think if you are shooting in pairs and are seperate they are essential. Anytime any of use move we keep each other up to date

hi landy

well i have heard people using those frequencys but of course licensed ham operators

but alot of ham radio stuff can be used on other frequencys aswell

i have a tait t3000 trunk radio hand held and yes got a couple of ham frquencys in and also 446 mhz channels in aswell i got a few of them but the batterys are all worn out so i modded one to use in the car

but if anyone wants any help with radio questions feel free to ask me and il do my best to help you

Edited by radio1ham

No radio1ham I was joking to your user name assuming you are one as I am.

It would be illegal to use these frequencies 70 cm or 2m without a licence and would agree to have heard others who are unaware how far these frequencies can be picked up.

Yep We have 2 sets of PRM446 cobras which we often use when Roost shooting in a massive wood mainly so we all leave the wood at the same time :blink: I really should find more uses for them as we paid £100 new for the 4 and they dont get used often enough !

My dad used them for a while on the shoot he`s a member of. For the guns to be able to contact the beaters ! But OAP shooters trying all this "new technology" just lead to wide spread confusion amongst them and good shooting time lost often with beaters staring to soon ! :P

Yep, got 4 Binatone MR200. £60 for the 4.

They get around 4-6 full days work per month by our clay shoot staff, and we use rechargeable batteries.

Had them 5 years with no problems, a bit battered now but still work fine. :blink:

Pirate: