my first love bug

skb 557

im a rete happy chappy tonight as i got my first car and its a right big beast im sooooo proud of my new baby its a 1981 with L,D defender wheels and its a short wheel base so it,s tall and looks even taller, its so cool i love it ive had bikes in the past but never owned a big *** beast like this baby, have i been a bit silly/hasty buyin some thing like this for my first car well it dont really matter as im over the moon..

i just wanted to share my joy but any landy help % advice would be welcomed ill get get some photos up in the next few days but you might not be able to see the landy as my pearly whites will be covering the whole photo so my beautiful mug might not be in em.....

nite night chaps and try to keep the jeluosy to a minimam :o :lol: :lol:

I'm jealous :o

I went to test drive a Landy the other day :good:

Couldn't afford it, just wanted to drive it :lol::good: :good:

15,000 on the clock, 06 plate, immaculate, loads of extras fitted by a Defender enthusiast. £16K :good: :good: :good:

When I was waiting for the test drive, I sat in the dealers reception for half an hour, stuffing all their complimentary cakes and biscuits and drinking about 4 cups of complimentary Cappucino

Sorted :good:

Enjoy your motor, mate :lol:

Edited by Chard

im a rete happy chappy tonight as i got my first car and its a right big beast im sooooo proud of my new baby its a 1981 with L,D defender wheels and its a short wheel base so it,s tall and looks even taller, its so cool i love it ive had bikes in the past but never owned a big *** beast like this baby, have i been a bit silly/hasty buyin some thing like this for my first car well it dont really matter as im over the moon..

i just wanted to share my joy but any landy help % advice would be welcomed ill get get some photos up in the next few days but you might not be able to see the landy as my pearly whites will be covering the whole photo so my beautiful mug might not be in em.....

nite night chaps and try to keep the jeluosy to a minimam :o :lol: :lol:

Hi skb, good stuff had lots of ser 3 Landys, is it Petrol or Weasel?

First thing to fit if its not got them is free wheel hubs, but make sure you count the splines before you buy!!

Is it a truck/ragtop/hardtop?

Enjoy but grab a Haynes manual you will need it and only worry when the oil STOPS dripping on your drive it means its run out :good:

:good: D2D

Free Wheel Hubs now there's a debate

IMO a complete waste of time, fuel saving is minimal ref back issues of LRO

annoying when unsupectingly stuck having to clamber out usually through mud and **** to engage them :o :lol:

better off with an overdrive or RR diffs for better fuel economy

ps

i have in my loft about 100 issues of LRO and the first 20 or so LRW usefull reading for anyone starting out on the Solihull product range

TP

Free Wheel Hubs now there's a debate

IMO a complete waste of time, fuel saving is minimal ref back issues of LRO

annoying when unsupectingly stuck having to clamber out usually through mud and **** to engage them :o :lol:

better off with an overdrive or RR diffs for better fuel economy

ps

i have in my loft about 100 issues of LRO and the first 20 or so LRW usefull reading for anyone starting out on the Solihull product range

TP

Ah now we have a debate, kept clean and lubed I have never had problems with sticking hubs and off roaded more than on in all seasons, how can you possibly say that there is no fuel saving when the engine is not having to drive the front wheels fitted with offroad treads, I agree that Overdrive is a real saving but its not often that you strike it that lucky to buy a good one already fitted with OD.

My fuel saving were noticable and there was deffo less noise/vibes, most series owners fit them as a matter of course so there has to be merit it them or they simply would not bother.

:lol: D2D

Agree with all the above :o

but

if my understanding is correct they recommend engaging the hubs for 20 miles every 100 or so to keep the diffs oiled up, this somewhat negates any saving made over the previous 80 or so miles, they are beneficial if long amounts of road use is the order of the day agreed, but i do remember LRO doing a test on them and coming out with a negligable saving remember to calculate in the purchase price of the hubs themselves.

Most Series owners i drove with, and i was a low number member of the S111 owners club, would leave their hubs on 4x4 most of the time anyway, hence my negative response, i do however appreciate A) most series motors will have them fitted already and B ) you could probably pick up a cheap 2nd hand set and fit them very easily

TP

Edited by tosspot