dose any one use a Night Vision monocular

russ91

I use a night vision monucalr simalar to the Lidl one. But I also use a 8" square infrared plate which I, or my mate, holds in front of my 1/2 million candle power lamp. This greatly increases the range and intensity of the monocular.

Have a look at this post I put on a while ago, http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...st&p=261539

I tried holding the sheet up but it's easily cut with a dremmel or similar :rolleyes:

I've got a Cobra one, bought off Evilbay for £80. It was an unused one that the guy had got and lost interest in. It works much better than other makes for similar money. Check reviewcentre.com and other review sites before buying, as getting a duffer might stop you using them altogether!

I`ve got a yukon monocular. I paid about 175 quid for it a few years ago and its had a lot of use. From a practical point of view it enables me to sling my rifle with the nv sight on it and walk around looking for targets. When close enough for a shot unsling the rifle. Repeatedly raising a fully nv equipped rifle just to scan about looking is really tiring and spoils the experience. So in answer; a seriously good investment.