Rat v Stoat

I have never seen anything like this before.

I was stood gun in hand about 25 yards away from a pitch battle between a rat and a stoat and was so amazed and fascinated that i failed to even shoot at either (sorry Mr Keeper). I never in all my life thought i would see a rat chasing a stoat, unbelievable. First the stoat chased the rat, then the rat turned on it and chased the stoat then other way round. All of this happened half a dozen times in about 10 yards length. Jumping up in the air and allsorts going on from both parties before they decided to call it a draw and went their separate ways :blink:

Anyone else seen anything like this?

I once seen a group of crows that had caught a stoat out in the open and they took turns in divebombing it and picking it up and dropping it.The stoat was desparetly trying to make it to the edge of the field and must have been picked and dropped 10 times before it got to safety.

It's the Stoat for me.

I was once standing in a farm yard when I heard a terrible screaming.

Round the corner came a big rat with a stoat behind it.

They ran round in circles for a few minutes (seemed like a long time but probably wasn't). This was a few feet away from me. The stoat then jumped on the rat's back and I heard the bones breaking in its neck.

The stoat then dragged it away, totally ignoring me. The rat must have been at least three rimes the length of the stoat.

p.s. I had no gun or camera either.

I watched a weasel kill a rat, only once have i seen this. Only noticed the Rat first rolling around in the stubble, i nearly shot it until i saw the weasel doing it's business. Great spectacle of nature. I didn't kill it because there was no need to, as it was on land with no Game release activity. Wise use Conservation - Wise use Predation.