Reloading shopping list

Right it looks like a goer for getting vouchers for Cabelas,

Working it out on the current exchange rate I reckon I have between $250-$260 to spend. I know I'm looking at a press either in the lee aniversary kit or the Turrent press kit they have but it looks like I will still end up with about $160-$170 left. What else do i need? is it worth looking for a case tumbler to clean the rounds? these are $42 so still more left to play with, Forgot about the dies I'll need as well. not sure of costs for these as haven't had chance to look yet.. I need to allow a bit of the vouchers for shipping but it will still leave me with vouchers that will be needed to be spent.. What esle would you recomend I look at? :lol::lol:

As well as the Anniversary kit I would also look at getting:-

Full length Die Set

Brass

Length sizing tool for your caliber/s

Primer pocket cleaner

Neck chamfer tool

Set of digital calipers

If you have money left then I'd also add:-

Hornady OAL gauge and insert/s for your caliber/s

Right below is the kitI am looking at getting with the vouchers, Anything on here that I don't need or anything that isn't on here that I do? Have gone a little over my vouchers value but not by a huge amount, bit concerned about the shipping costs though!!!

Cheers Jon

Lee Anniversary Reloading Kit

Cabela's Electronic Caliper

Cabela's Bullet Puller

Redding Model 1400 Case Trimmer

Lee Deluxe Rifle Sizing Die Set

Lee 11 Piece Shellholder Set Auto Prime

Cabela's Case Tumbler Kit

don't forget to account for VAT on top of shipping charges. Don't want you to forget and get stung with money you weren't expecting to pay out.

Forget about brass, you can get it here for the same price as the states. Equipment is what to stick with.

good luck.

Brass isn't a problem as I have kept most of the rounds I've shot,A mixture of fedeal and sako.

Thanks for mentioning it though.

Cheers Jon

Landrover

Thanks for that. I found that out yesterday when I went to order everything. This is also the same for the shell holders. I expect it is something to do with showing that you have reason to own them. Otherwise anybody off the street could order all the kit in to make rounds but not have the liecense for them? Just guessing.

Cheers Jon

I had a long and difficult "discussion" with Cabelas a few months ago.

It was all going swimmingly until we got to the "confirm delivery address" screen (online, obviously).

The UK did not appear as a destination country! And neither did Great Britain, Britain, England, Scotland, Wales.

Ireland was available .............

So I called Customer Services. Whilst they were kind enough to acknowledge that they had heard of the UK, they had no way of delivering.

It was suggested that I have the kit sent to Ireland - since it's only in the next State...........

I am afraid that I became angry, abusive and insulting at this point......actually I'm quite proud of that.

Hope that you have better luck than I.

Incidentally, I would be tempted to go for the Factory Crimping die - I think it one of the best reloading tools on the market - and its cheap!

Good luck,

Charles

2 shots - that happens a lot on parcels from the US.

What seems to happen is Customs "authorise" the shippers to open and inspect parcels on their behalf.

If nothing untoward is found, Customs is not informed - then no further action - except to hit you with a bill for acting as Customs agents.

If something untoward is found - then I have no idea what happens!

It's a licence to print money.

Fedex are especially adept at this scam (did I say scam - I meant procedure) which is part of the Global War On Terror and is therefore, good for us.

This has happened to me on 3 occasions in the last 12 months.

Charles

• 2 weeks later...

Well. first shipment has arrived, I now have the press set up at home. No duty on this one.. result. Just waiting for the case tumbler which should be here next week. The dies are going to end up being a B'day present from the wife so hopefully the'll be sorted soon...

Cheers Jon