Free shooting permission

CARBINE

Hi all,I woke up at 5 am this morning feeling hot and sick so I got up and after a cupper I felt much better and so

with time to do something before work at 8 am I jumped in my truck with the binoculars and off to look at a field

on my permission that the farmer has been ploughing ready to sow wheat.when I was parked on the side of the

road I saw a pick up go past with animal feed in the back and 5 mins later I set off home, now when I got to where

my permission ends and the next farm begins I saw a farmer feeding up some cattle in his buildings well I was gonna

ask him last year if he would let me shoot his land but I guess I bottled out cause I hate that word NO so today I

drove past him and then thought sod it and turned round and went back to ask him as I walked up to him I will admit

I was uncomfortable with the situation, anyway I told him my name and told him I shoot on the next farm to him

and then popped the big question CAN I SHOOT YOURS and when he said YES I had a brain block so when the brain

kicked back in I said I also do a bit of moleing which he seemed pleased about so off to a good start with him. The

feeling when he said yes was like when you pass your driving test `brilliant` and the land I hear some say `CROPS

and loads of em` and some woods but I can imagine in summer I will be properly chasing pigeons from one field

to another.To put the icing on the cake so to speak I`v been watching a 100 pigeons in and out of a sitty tree

and into one of his fields and its all free but I think I will take him a hamper and 50 quid at Christmas. :good:

Yer thanks for that I`v been like a dog with two ***** at work today and my shooting

mate is over the moon cause we`v had an eye on it for two years watching all the

wild life on it and I think we just did`t have the bottle to ask him and Im glad I was on my

own because one person asking is better than two I think in that situation. All the time

I read on here about people getting new land to shoot on and think lucky *******

and its just the simple task of asking funny ant it.

Edited by CARBINE

nice 1 mate sounds like you had some good luck today wish i could get some more land

russ, read this bit.

I jumped in my truck

it will come mate, time is on your side.

Lost me on that one mark do you know something we don`t ;)

russ need to get his test passed and strech his wings a bit. he,s keen to get off is the lad. :good: .

nice 1 mate sounds like you had some good luck today wish i could get some more land

russ, read this bit.

I jumped in my truck

it will come mate, time is on your side.

Lost me on that one mark do you know something we don`t :lol:

russ need to get his test passed and strech his wings a bit. he,s keen to get off is the lad. :good: .

Ah got it now, well Russ don`t let it get to late get in for the test, mind you I would not like

to take one now at 48 and all the **** that go`s with it but musts needs Russ and you will feel

free if you know what I mean. ;)

Congrats bud. always a good feeling when you get more land to roam :blink:

Thanks Triscrx, yes a very good feeling just wish every farmer was like this and then others

would not fall out off shooting and there would be more off us. :good:

Edited by CARBINE

Thanks for that Headshothoncho, I really only pay for my membership tp NPPC but I always give my farmers a hamper/wine

and £50 even though they don`t ask for it but the NPPC is well worth its subs fee and if it was double I would still pay it,its the

cheapest shooting I know of and I still have to travel 250 miles round trip :lol: