Dive Tanks

sphinx121

If its not in date the dive shop wont re-fill the tank when you need it filling. Its a safety test that lets the shop know its safe for them to fill basically because if the inside is in a bad way or has any lubricants/oils it could cause an explosion when filled

Ive knoticed on ebay that diving tanks state wether they are "in test" or not do they have to be in test to fill air rifles or is this just a safty feature for diving??? Tom

As the above have stated, Yes.....

Cylinders are hydraulicaly tested to prove that they will

still hold the pressure without going pop. You would notice

a dive cylinder that goes pop at 300bar it tends to smart abit :good::drinks:

Cheers taz.

yes they do mate mate every five years you must get them checked and it costs from £40---£50

If the gauge is part of the valve ie only suitable for surface use the the test is every 5 years however if it is a dive tank that has the charging hose and gauge

separate to the valve then the test is every 2.5 years as it could be used for diving as well as filling airguns..hope that makes sense.

EB

yes they do mate mate every five years you must get them checked and it costs from £40---£50

If the gauge is part of the valve ie only suitable for surface use the the test is every 5 years however if it is a dive tank that has the charging hose and gauge

separate to the valve then the test is every 2.5 years as it could be used for diving as well as filling airguns..hope that makes sense.

EB

:good: this is as i understand it also :drinks:

EB

sorry but it does not|? the testing is regards the CYLINDERS, not guages, not hoses, cylinders!!!

buy a cylinder new five years later you take it and get it IDEST tested full hydraulic test etc, 2.5 years after that the cylinder gets a visual inspection ( including internal) plus a wall thickness test but NO hydraulic, 2.5 years after that a full test including hydraulic again, and so the cycle continues, any decent club shop etc with charge facilities will not re charge your cylinder, if it is not in test or newer than 5 years old, ( oh and 25 quid my way)

cheers KW

so a bottle used underwater dosen't have to be tested more frequently?

what easy bully has posted is almost exactly what was explained to me at my dive shop only last week

i have three bottles, only one has an integral gauge this is a 5 year pressure test the others have a normal valve assembly and are three year pressure tested as they could be used as SCUBA, i was offered a valve change at £37.50 which would take them out to five years.

i think what easy bully and i are under the impression that surface use bottles are different to diving bottles

i am quite happy to stand corrected but i can only comment on what i have been told by the dive centre

TP

edit, just found This

it would appear confusion is commonplace and i may have to eat some humble pie

Edited by tosspot

the idest system was introduced to bring dive cylinder testing ( milk comes in bottles) into line with conventional industrial gasses cylinders (surface cylinders) not the other way,

2 and 4 year test periods still exist for MINI cylinders ie less than .5 of a litre

cheers KW

oh and print this out and takr it to your local "dive shop" seems they need educating a little in the new (2002) regs

http://www.ukdivers.net/equipment/cylinders.htm

cheers Kdubya :rolleyes::blush:

will be retrieving my bottles next week and will be armed with your info :blush: :blush:

thats the beauty of a forum such as this, information shared and corrected ect, i thankyou

now if we could just get you on the right track regarding footie............................. :yes: :yes:

TP