starting young

The most natural thing in the world ,to take your boy out shooting with you .Never mind what his mother thinks . Harnser .

:good::yes::lol:

Interestingly, the local rags reported on an "11 year old child" getting what is referred to as a "gun license", it made large headlines in one rag and a column in another.

No details are given of the gun(s) that the lad wishes to use, no point in letting a few facts get in the way of a good story.

My point is, why does something that is perfectly legal, and approved by Police headquarters, under the guidance of the Home Office, make headlines?

What will we see next as headlines? Man seen driving at 28MPH in a 30MPH zone?

my daughter is 9 and loves days out with me ,she moans like hell when i dont wake her up at 6 in the morning to come out rabbiting !!!

she has all her own cammo gear ,and knows NEVER to touch any gun until she is told to do so, it has taught her respect and good knowledge

get youre kids out now,

shaun

cheers guys this has been a real eye opner for the wife she has wread sll the posts and give me the go ahead :good::yes::lol::oops:

Glad to hear it. It will teach your boy respect, I promise and will bring you closer together as he grows up. Your missus won't regret it.

Get him into beating if you can as well along with yourself and then he can really work for his days out.

SS :yes:

Yorkshirelad/redcoat!!(Joke!!) Go for it fella been taking my two since they could walk and learn to be hush in a high seat, daughter learned to gralloch deer at 10 and the wee man can handle ferrets and is the best gun dog in the world when pigion shooting , and has been since 6 or 7 ..........................she understands, and she understands work rewally !!Take care and be safe. TAZ

Yorkshirelad/redcoat!!(Joke!!) Go for it fella been taking my two since they could walk and learn to be hush in a high seat, daughter learned to gralloch deer at 10 and the wee man can handle ferrets and is the best gun dog in the world when pigion shooting , and has been since 6 or 7 ..........................she understands, and she understands work rewally !!Take care and be safe. TAZ

lol were normally called **** hats!!! :hmm:

It's good that your other half has seen our replies and given you the go ahead. When I was a lad I didn't have anyone in my family to take me shooting, but I used to find my own way. I had mates with air rifles and used to go with their parents sometimes. That got me into air rifles. Then I stood at the local clay shoot for ages until some bloke got me on the stand to take a shot. I missed, but didn't care! I also spotted a guy pigeon shooting from a hide near my grandads house, so stamped off across the fields and right up to his hide. He got me inside fairly quickly so I didn't scare the birds! I shot my first pigeon with him that day, but have no idea who he was! I think it was one of the best days of my life.

Get the kid out in the field with you. He'll enjoy it and learn from it too. If you can get him into an old hobby like shooting, maybe he'll stand more chance of growing up away from the TV. He'll also have some good memories when he's older, which I think a lot of kids miss out on these days. :hmm: