Clay shoots around cambridgeshire/herts/essex/suffolk

AM,

Don't argue with Cat about "haybales", you won't win. :hmm::good:

Their are litearlly loads of shoots on saturdays and sundays certainly throughout the part of Essex that I live. A website would be a good idea.

I shoot at 4 different clubs within 10 miles of where I live and there are at least 3 others that I could shoot at.

The fixture list in sporting gun has a few as does the one in sporting shooter. But it does seem like only the registered or the like get publicised a lot.

Where abouts are you based and that might give people more of an idea, because if you are right out at Herts then your not really going to want and drive to the top of suffolk for a local shoot on a regular basis <_<

In Suffolk we have loads happening all the time, but none are advertised, more word of mouth unless its an advertised shoot like the NSW open recently. I'm sure its the same in Essex as MC shoots many, but none are really advertised, the same in Cambs and Herts.

Are you looking to meet up with someone or to go with friends or on your own. Some of the local shoots only like invited guests rather than people who just turn up, due to insurance etc.

If your still interested, I'll try and find out a few for you and post them on here for Suffolk at least.

SS

I'm on the border of herts, suffolk, cambs, and essex all no more than 20 mins away. I go to lakenheath as much as i can but its nice to get out at a weekend and have a go at some more intresting targets. There are a few round where i live but they all seem to be 1 offs and happen within a week of each other, so it would be nice to find out about more of these smaller clay shoots, if you do know of any around your area would be much appreciated. Cheers

If you are near the Barn Shop, then just head up the A1198 and head for Brampton services on the A1/A14. You've got High Harthay just at the top of the hill there.

Website linky-link

It's open every other weekend and this coming weekend is a shooting one.

I like it because it's local (I live in Papworth) and the people are friendly.

Wookie

Hi AshburtonMiroku,

I often shoot at Hillside Clay ground. I live near Royston and shoot either there or Nuthampstead.

Nuthampstead is here:

Googleview of Nuthampstead shooting ground

Link to Shooting ground website. Nuthampstead

Hillside is here:

Google view of Hillside shooting ground

Can't find their website right now, however they're open Satuday, Sunday and Thursday evenings in the summer.

Nuthampstead has the better facilities IMHO.

But I find Hillside more relaxed and less queueing, again IMHO. They have just finished a DTL range, they also make good use of the contours of the land to offer some intresting sporting shooting. They also have skeet shooting, and have a new Air rifle range there too (not see it yet though).

I know of a few frieds who have traps and shoot on their own land, but they don't tend to advertise <_< ..

Loui

Hi,

Try "SPORTING TARGETS" (01234 708898) in Riseley Bedfordshire. Its about 10 mins off the A1 at st Neots. They have loads of layouts including a couple of high towers. Prices are good, last time I shot there it cost about £22.00 for 100 clays.

If I think of any more I post em. I live in Huntingdon.

regards Titanium171

Edited by titanium171