Remote control for a flapper

Hi,

I wold like some info from fellow pigeon shooters, about what you would like in a remote control system for flappers etc.

I have developed a remote control system that is low cost, and is reliable out to 65 yards. So far I have tested it on a magnet motor and can switch it on and off consistantly.

I know what I want from this setup, but would like the veiws of fellow shooters. I have a few ideas, such as a combined clay trap release system that can be changed at a flick of a switch to a flapper control. I have used mine on my promatic trap at over 100 meters, so I know its up to the job. Any info would be a great help!!!!

thanks for your time,

Titanium171

Hi,

I wold like some info from fellow pigeon shooters, about what you would like in a remote control system for flappers etc.

I have developed a remote control system that is low cost, and is reliable out to 65 yards. So far I have tested it on a magnet motor and can switch it on and off consistantly.

I know what I want from this setup, but would like the veiws of fellow shooters. I have a few ideas, such as a combined clay trap release system that can be changed at a flick of a switch to a flapper control. I have used mine on my promatic trap at over 100 meters, so I know its up to the job. Any info would be a great help!!!!

thanks for your time,

Titanium171

Well if its proper cheap the likes of us on here will buy it. One you start getting past a fiver then you will be on sticky ground :blink: :blink: :D:cry1:

Hi,

I could do it very cheep but the range would be rubbish, with this sort of thing you get what you pay for. If there is enough interest I would looking at selling them at about £40-45. I am also looking at developing a remote speed controller for pigeon magnets. Trials so far are positive. As I said in my first post I am lookng for info from the end user as to what you would like in this sort of product.

regards titanium171

titanium hi , nice idea :good: somthing like a intermitant speed control would be nice :good: like on wiper controls on a car so u can change the speed of flap ect :blush: .

BOTCH

PS can i have one cheep or to field test for my brilliant idea :good::good: :good:

Hi Botch,

Talking about changing speeds of flappers. I could do a micro controller that changes the speed of your flapper, either using a selection of preset speeds, e.g 1/4 speed followed by full speed followed 1/4 speed followed by 1/2 speed etc. or maybe program it to produce random speed changes. These would not be very hard to produce. Ideal for crow flappers!

I have also started to look into increasing the voltage from the battery from say 12volts to 18 volts to increase the flapper speed. I think it would be possible without adding extra batteries, by using a current pump.

Back to the remote, you want to be able to select the speed of flap from the hide right? then press the button when you want it to operate at the selected speed? Would be possible, once I have a good proto-type I will see if I can fit that sort of control in the keyfob.

regards Titanium

• 2 years later...

Not to open a new topic I would like to ask you some questions about flappers (if this ain't ok to use this thread pleas let me know).

I read most of the threads about flappers now and would like to know:

1. Which flapper is more up to date (effectiv), the mechanic ones (little motor with eccentric tappet) or the newer version (I think a combi of springs and magnets) ? Thought of, that last ones are faster and not so inert.

2. Which flapper would you recommend:

Westcountry Flapper

Sponsor's flapper 1

Sponsor's flapper 2

Well the next two ones seemed to be band by the system. Is it forbidden to link products of other sites / competitors :good: ?

[links removed]

Anyone knows this one ?

Hubertus Fieldsports Flapper

And then I read about an M44 but couldn't find a webside, as well as about a flapper of a band member who has been band. Can't remeber the name. His avatar was a rangrover (I think)

3. I would prefer a remote control (which I would add on the gun) or a timer

4. Is there any other flapper on the market at which the flapping speed can be controlled ?

Thanks a lot

Edited by nickbeardo
links to non-advertiser websites removed

Hi,

thanks for your time,

Titanium171

Hello mate I'm just letting you know UK shoot wear house already does a really good remote control on/off speed control for rotary, flappers etc. with a range up to 80 yards its well priced too at £39.

http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/shop/PIGEO...ed+control.html

Hello mate I'm just letting you know UK shoot wear house already does a really good remote control on/off speed control for rotary, flappers etc. with a range up to 80 yards its well priced too at £39.

http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/shop/PIGEO...ed+control.html

Hi,

thank you. Is this the same remote used with the linked flapper ? There is no discreption of it on the webside.

i bought a remote (wasent cheap) worked fine at home took it out flapped once stopped working sent it back had it repaired used it afew times found it a pain in the *** would find myself standing up over the hide trying to turn the poxy thing on or off (it was in range) scareing everything off. stopped useing it for awhile went to use it again and it dont work again piece of ****. intermittent timer much better!

I use an intermittent timer on my flapper when decoying crows. It was bought at a game fair for around £20. It can be adjusted (internally) to increase/decrease the 'flapping time'. Mine is set to flap for around 20 seconds, then off for 5 seconds.

I have had this unit for many years, and it's excellent.

I personally think remote flappers are not very practical. Intermittent timers are better.

Although a faster flapping option would be good.

A decent, cheap, remote magnet with remote speed controller is a very good idea :good:

I wrote to the sportswear house and they answered very quick. Seems to be an interesting peace of work.

I am gonna buy the timer unit and a remot control unit (hopefully it will do its job).

Hopeso that there is a speed controle possible

You can use it on all flappers, rotary, peckers etc. :yes:

Thanks !