yesterday afternoon

maxwell

lashing down all morning and the wife was looking for job's that need doing around the house, it stopped to the odd shower so i was off for a walk about. One or two in the trees but not a lot about, managed a couple and made my way to the rape field that runs along the dene, the farmer had just ploughed half due to the rape failing partly due to our blue freinds. Hawthorn twigs to keep their heads up and settled into the hedge near a sitty tree, the odd one joined it's pals in the pattern, the sun came out and i thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon, fifteen rabits Friday night, eighteen pigeon Saturday afternoon and escaped from the Destroy It Yourself the wife would have had me doing :mad:

post-10364-1211138987.jpg

Very nice.

Looks a lot more productive than my shoot Sunday morning. Spent several hours walking the hedgerows dropping a woody that we startled out of a tree, not much about at all.

Returned to where we had stashed the car, stowed all the gear and as we drove out the field, not 15 yards away we startled a dozen pigeons that were picking at the scrappy rape :mad: