What Happened?

Maiden22

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you are a man of few words? :P

Moderators do their job here to keep the place either legal, or to provide a clean clear forum for all members of the public to veiw. It is not their obligation to reason their judgment on how they deal with threads or posts unsuitable for this forum, and do not have to supply an answer for their actions.

Best of moving along, and letting it settle where it belongs. :hmm:

Are you sure you are a man of few words? :lol:

Moderators do their job here to keep the place either legal, or to provide a clean clear forum for all members of the public to veiw. It is not their obligation to reason their judgment on how they deal with threads or posts unsuitable for this forum, and do not have to supply an answer for their actions.

Best of moving along, and letting it settle where it belongs. :P

Did I miss something ? Is Hunter now a Mod ? Has his hard work as forum traffic warden been recognised by making him in charge ? :hmm::lol:

I deleted it.

Stuart,

I admire the frank and manly nature of your post. Clearly, you are not the garrulous type, which is to be welcomed – I am a man of few words myself - but it is a little thin in the detail department.

You have answered my question very fully, for which I am grateful, but perhaps you interpreted it somewhat too literally. The question implied a desire to uncover the motivation behind the disappearance. This evidently was unclear, although doubtless the fault was mine.

Am I permitted to enquire as to the reasoning behind the deletion? Was its content objectionable? Or was it for purely aesthetic reasons? Did it fall short in some way of the high literary standards we have come to expect of this forum?

Robert

What ? ? ?

How come i fell asleep halfway through reading this

Are you sure you are a man of few words? :yes:

Best of moving along, and letting it settle where it belongs. :D

Did I miss something ? Is Hunter now a Mod ? Has his hard work as forum traffic warden been recognised by making him in charge ? :hmm::D

:lol::lol:

"Best of moving along, and letting it settle where it belongs. " :D Errr, do what? :P

Im not a mod though I have been on other forums.

Its very easy for these kind of topics to turn into mod bashing topics, and general forum arguing, this is why when a moderator makes a choice to delete or close a thread, the best thing for the forum is to trust in the moderators judgment and keep moving along with the forum, or we are only going backwards.

Dear Robert,

There were two possibilities with the post in question.

1) It was genuine, and the poster had such a beating from the gathering keyboard heroes that decided not to comment any further, in this case deleting the post was the right decision, as it would not have helped his situation one iota.

2) It was a wind-up from someone who has never posted before and will probably never post again - again deletion was right option as it served no purpose other than to give the aforementioned heroes something to do whilst not watching a television program entitled 'Desperate Housewives'

Yours sincerely,

Stuart.

Dear Robert,

There were two possibilities with the post in question.

1) It was genuine, and the poster had such a beating from the gathering keyboard heroes that decided not to comment any further, in this case deleting the post was the right decision, as it would not have helped his situation one iota.

2) It was a wind-up from someone who has never posted before and will probably never post again - again deletion was right option as it serve no purpose other than to the aforementioned heroes something to do whilst not watching a television program entitled 'Desperate Housewives'

Yours sincerely,

Stuart.

My money is on option 2, there were comments in the original post that did not add up, and yes it was the right decision to remove it.

Arh ok, well in that case may I draw your attention to the post times, you are at 12.36 whereas my response was at 12.42, (to save the calculator) that’s a six-minute difference!!!

As im in work and generally rushed off my feet, it is reasonable to assume I was in the middle of replying to the post where I was distracted. Therefore my post came in after yours!!! (Ill rest my case there)

Ohh and in your explained post you use the term "Keyboard Hero's" from this I presume the term "Moderator" means "Authorised Keyboard Hero" - correct me if im wrong... :lol:

Your response also gave me the impression that you were retaliating immediately; therefore may I suggest a trip to any decent anger management course as they really do help people keep there cool in awkward situations...

Ice dear chap, may I be so bold as to recommend a trip to Specsavers, or any establishment dealing with the provison of spectacles and associated reading aids?

That was the reply you received and it was made in a jocular manner, taking into account the delay between stuartp posting an explanation and you posting a request for one.

Before you post any more sarcastic replies, I suggest you wait until you have met the person you are aiming them at.

stuartp has no "anger management" issues and is a very nice person, as most on here will attest to.

You should also consider that the only person who normally receives an explanation as to why a post/thread has been deleted, is the person who made the post or started the thread.

I have responded to your post as I believe stuartp has now logged off and gone fishing .