IOM TT

chippy18

Got back yesterday from another great week on the Island. Superb racing as normal, a few surprises

and as always a superb atmosphere.

Unfortunately a few fatal accidents which dampens the festivities a bit.

Only managed race week this year and the days just flew by, roll on next year.

fOGGY.jpg

Foggy back on a Duke.

SammyMiller.jpg

The Great Sammy Miller

1.jpg

JM.jpg

6.jpg

bv5.jpg

Cheers :beer:

Good to know there were only a few fatalities to spoil the weekend. Maybe all motorbikes should be licenced and kept in a steel cabinet bolted to the wall, where only the licenced owner can have access. They do seem very dangerous in the wrong hands!! :good:

As much as I love bikes and all to do with them, including BSB, WSB, and moto gp, I really think its time that road racing came to an end, there are way too many deaths in it now, bikes are so much faster, and with road racing one wrong move and that's it, now while that may appeal to some, it doesn't to me.

Road racing has taken some great rides before there prime, and I know they went doing something they love but all the same.. they could all still be alive today!

This is just my opinion and nothing more, but I can't see my views changing

Adam

Sorry for delay in adding replies but pc wireless meltdown yesterday so no internet.

The deaths that we got to hear of were all visitors, they were all bike accidents. I know for a fact one was a foreign rider who was apparently on the wrong side of the road and that another one was 2 bikes colliding. Pretty sure there was no competitor deaths.

The problem i think there, is too many people ride way above their ability because there are certain parts of the island that have no restriction during the TT and they think that they are all capable of doing what they have been watching during the races. I am not saying that i am incredible on a bike and yes i have put many a track bike down the black stuff, but i have been riding bikes on road and tracks in one form or another now for 35 odd years and know my limits.

Yes there have been some great names killed road racing but thankfully it does not happen that much. I personally would hate to see road racing disappear, as much as i like track racing and i will always be found at most of the track meetings here and abroad, there is something about racing on roads that for me tracks just don't have.

Still the TT is i think an incredible fortnight and i don't think that you can see racing anywhere else like it.

Cheers :good:

Edited by chippy18

I think 'raw' racing should be preserved as long as it can be.

People know the risks, it up to them if they want to flirt with death or not.

There was a bit of Le Mans on the box at the weekend and it looked more like a Grand Prix circuit than the mix of road and track it used to be.

I was glad I was able to sit in the cafe on the Mulsanne Straight with cars going past a few yards away at 250mph before they softened it all up but adding a chicane :good:

Sammy Millar, there's a blast from the past and on a REAL Ducati that will remove you teeth and give you severe back problems for life :good:

LB

Your not wrong about that being a real Ducati either LB, what a sound. What a rider as well, member of the original 1958

Ducati TT Team.

They had a great Ducati Experience exhibition there over the TT. Had some great bikes on show going back over the years.

The had a 1960 250cc twin GP Desmo which was one of the first bikes raced by the great Mike 'the bike' Hailwood

:good:

I think 'raw' racing should be preserved as long as it can be.

People know the risks, it up to them if they want to flirt with death or not.

There was a bit of Le Mans on the box at the weekend and it looked more like a Grand Prix circuit than the mix of road and track it used to be.

I was glad I was able to sit in the cafe on the Mulsanne Straight with cars going past a few yards away at 250mph before they softened it all up but adding a chicane :

:good: