A new PB

red_stag88

Yesterday was my last day of my half term. So as I lay in bed at 8.30am I decided to spend my last day of freedom on the trent. I dug up some worms and collected some slugs, and after some nagging, I was dropped off at about 10.30. I had not a sausage till 12.30 and that was only a tiny perch. I at about two i decided to put on a cage feeder, filled it full of some crumbs, put a nice lobworm on the hook and cast it to the opposite bank, (which is nicely under cut) in hope of a Chub. The rod was on the rest only a matter of minuets before the tip hammerd round. I struck and though I had snagged up, until the snag took line. And it didn't half take line too! I had been playing the fish for a few minuets when a chap on the next peg asked, "Is it a barble?" I replyed that I hadn't seen it yet. He came over to me, to help with the landing. However I was about five minuets in, and it hadn't seen light yet! I got the feeder out of the water, and the bloody thing took off again! Stripping another 40yds off my reel. This happened twice more, and then finaly we saw it....

post-11-1099300601.jpg

Red That is one of the best barbel I have ever seen and beats my personal best from the Bristol Avon by 6 oz... Very well done mate that is the fish of a lifetime.

I have caught plenty of Big barbel and salmon and considering fish of equivilent weight I would say that the barbel just shades it for fighting prowess.

A cracking fish whatever.

Well done.

FM.

Red,

Beats his best barbel by 6 oz? It beats mine by 6 lbs and then some! Well done you, a zonking fish.

Which bit of the Trent were you on? I know most of it from Whychnor / Alrewas and up through Burton, but I don't recognise that stretch.

Eug

It was a section owned and controled by rugeley power station.

BD, you can come and have a crack in the hols if you want :thumbs:

Off he goes :)

post-11-1099492713.jpg

Actually Ern,

red, you hearing strange voices, or something ?

Ern hasn't posted on this thread. :D:D

You didn't take a sip out of that wino's bottle, did you ? :) :(

Guess what's in the top left hand pocket, hic! :thumbs:

It's probably younger than you too Cranners :lol:

Sure thing BD, I'll give you a ring some time.