ebay

ME

I won a garden Gazebo today on Ebay. Mrs LV was on my case so I decided to buy a cheapo one and tell her it cost the £100.00 she wanted to spend !

I purposely bought it from someone local so I could collect it - and it didnt say in his description that you couldnt collect.

I contacted the guy and he said that there is a £5.00 charge from his courier if I decided to collect !

I do some warehousing & transport so I understand warehouse handling charges but why should his customers pay ?!

Anyway he called me and said that now I have queried his collection fee I have two options 1) mutually agree to cancel the auction 2) pay £20.00 for delivery.

I told him to poke his gazebo up his **** !!!

What a total ****.....

I reckon a lot of the postage charges are make or break for the profit margin on e-bay.

That is exactly what he said ! "If you dont pay the £5.00 I will lose money" I told him to put his toot up for realistic prices in the first place

rather than trying to have people over in "collection fees".

:hmm:

Gazebo? :hmm::sly::yes::yes::):lol::lol::lol::lol:

What's all that abart?

Are you going to get all romantic in the gazebo?

"Light of my life, were thou truly wafted here from heaven?" :lol:

I hope it wasn't one of them white plaaaaaaaaaarstic ones :lol:

I'd have charged you a ******* tenner to collect it :P

Edited by Chard

argos from 12.99 2.7mx 2.7, 49.99 for a 4m hex with side screens, how cheap do you want, okay you might still pay £5.00 delivery

I was really looking for a pop-up one. (I line them up)

LV you tight sod....just buy the Mrs a proper one!!!!!

I was, a proper cheap one !

Edited by LV

argos from 12.99 2.7mx 2.7, 49.99 for a 4m hex with side screens, how cheap do you want, okay you might still pay £5.00 delivery

69.99 3x3 meters pop up

Markio, apologies, afrikaaners call it a springbok, us brits of course say it's thompson gazelle, sorry for doubting you

M.

So it's been said many times many waaaaaaays...... once the top layer was broken all that remained was a foul jelly.

Tiercel - whilst Ebay won't let you leave negative feedback for a buyer, I left this for an idiot who said he had sent a cheque, then said he would send another, but sent nothing.

"Absolute idiot. Unable to leave negative feedback under new rules. Timewaster".

In response, the idiot left this:-

"top dog ebayer an real deal".

Markio, apologies, afrikaaners call it a springbok, us brits of course say it's thompson gazelle, sorry for doubting you

M.

M they are two different species and live in two different parts of Africa, Springbuck Southern Africa and Thomsons East Africa and the pic is a Thomsons,colouring similar Thomsons horns are a lot longer.

Cheers

M.

M they are two different species and live in two different parts of Africa, Springbuck Southern Africa and Thomsons East Africa and the pic is a Thomsons,colouring similar Thomsons horns are a lot longer.

Cheers

So we're agreed then, buy cheap Gazebo's 'buy twice'?

Tiercel - whilst Ebay won't let you leave negative feedback for a buyer, I left this for an idiot who said he had sent a cheque, then said he would send another, but sent nothing.

"Absolute idiot. Unable to leave negative feedback under new rules. Timewaster".

In response, the idiot left this:-

"top dog ebayer an real deal".

:hmm::sly::yes::yes::):lol: Fantastic stuff

If it was so cheap why not pay the £5 and still save money on it?

Safa, Markio,

I did a little research last night on the WWW, and as Safa said they are different species, but I didn't want to hijack the thread, as for the difference the horns on the gazelle are straighter than the springbok which are described like a doctors stethescope , and on google images I've seen the same photo described as both on different sights! , so confusion does rain. Still damage is done, I'll just have to do better enxt time.

head bowed in shame

Mike :hmm:

Safa, Markio,

I did a little research last night on the WWW, and as Safa said they are different species, but I didn't want to hijack the thread, as for the difference the horns on the gazelle are straighter than the springbok which are described like a doctors stethescope , and on google images I've seen the same photo described as both on different sights! , so confusion does rain. Still damage is done, I'll just have to do better enxt time.

head bowed in shame

Mike :yes:

:oops: What are you on about? It's a ******* goat! Please don't put any more effort into this. :oops:

Safa, Markio,

head bowed in shame

:oops: What are you on about? It's a ******* goat! Please don't put any more effort into this. :oops:

This is female logic at it's best. Markio, just say "I was wrong" and he will go away and take his stethoscope (?) with him!

Safa, Markio,

head bowed in shame

This is female logic at it's best. Markio, just say "I was wrong" and he will go away and take his stethoscope (?) with him!

Bob, I've not been in my shed http://www.readersheds.co.uk/share.cfm?SHARESHED=1435

M.